Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
[mention]monaco [/mention]

I want to add a USB port to mine. I can’t find the instructions for the glove box but I remember something about not being able to drill in part of it. Is that something to worry about or am I imagining things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drill the hole into the middle of the back panel and you'll be fine. If you drill the sides you'll have a hard time using the plug just because of the awkward angle. Here's a pic from the side showing where it typically goes.

USB installed

monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
I just took my hood off and it looks like a solenoid is mounted about 3-4" behind that safety plate. Will the box fit in front of that part?
It wont - you'll need to move it:

Here's a few photos of how another guy moved the winch unit. The new location is described as: "On top of the angle iron below the square tube."

He drilled two new 1/4" holes and used the same bracket holes and bolts. The only tool needed was a drill.

His quote:
"I can tell you I like the new location better and I could use the same solenoid bracket and bolts. The move wasn’t far so all the cables fit just fine."

Winch relocation Winch relocation2

J

Janesy

Mar 15, 2021
Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
These are worth their weight in gold!
I installed mine in a field with an x-acto knife, a Phillips screwdriver. I didn't have a drill or a drill bit so I heated a paperclip with a lighter and used it to melt pilot holes to secure the unit.
Literally could not have been easier.

Great product, this should be stock on all units

monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
These are worth their weight in gold!
I installed mine in a field with an x-acto knife, a Phillips screwdriver. I didn't have a drill or a drill bit so I heated a paperclip with a lighter and used it to melt pilot holes to secure the unit.
Literally could not have been easier.

Great product, this should be stock on all units
That’s great. Love the lighter and paperclip idea!

Reactions: Smitty335
J

Janesy

Mar 15, 2021
Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
That’s great. Love the lighter and paperclip idea!
Ha! Actually I just remembered, It wasn't even a paper clip... It was the little pointy metal thing you use to put a sim card in a cell phone. Forgot I had just got a new phone that day hahaha

Either way, it was super clean and easy.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I think you've done a good job of taking a good ideal and expanding on it. The open space and switch panel/combo are natural progressions in my mind.

Have you considered a box with a USB inside it? It'd be nice to throw the phone somewhere out of dust/rain/mud and be able to let it charge.
There are dual USB ports that pop in a switch opening. Probably the most viable/ cost effective solution.

31NYSrjhUoS AC SY580

FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
FWIW: I picked up this glovebox and large cup holders, back around Thanksgiving. Installed about a week ago. Wife is happy that her yeti fits the cup holder and keeps a pair of sunglasses in the box. Myself, gloves and iphone.

I did have to move my winch relay. Also, to get the bottom of the box to snap in, temporarily separated the dash just below it, to reach in to push out on the dash.

Should have got this long ago.

monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
I did have to move my winch relay. Also, to get the bottom of the box to snap in, temporarily separated the dash just below it, to reach in to push out on the dash.

Should have got this long ago.
Thanks for this tip - that's a good solution that I'll pass along. Where did you move the winch relay to?

monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
For now, just heavy duty wire tied, more toward the center.
Thant works 👍🏼 I’ve done things like that and before I know it - a year has passed and it’s still doing the job.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!