BOX1

P1000 Cthulhu reborn

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So. Got my insurance and shop estimates back. Total is about 4100. My deductable is 500 so they are cutting me a check for around 3600.

From that 3600 dollars, I am only going to get my roll Cage fixed and new back doors ordered. Evidently they won't just sell one door, you have to buy pairs. That's pretty Gay.

So. Honda prices are stupid. They want 250 dollars for a flipping rim. That's the non deluxe steel rim. The fancy 14 inch aluminum runs are 12 dollars cheaper. They are only 230. Ridiculous.

Please guys, tell me how much your itps cost? 90 a piece? With lifetime warranty? 250 a piece should get me Beadlocks.

150 for lower a arm. I suppose that is close to fair, but when a whole set of highlighter arms is only 3 times the cost of one stock arm, I think that's pricey.

So I'm gonna bag the windshield for now. I may go into a glass shop and see how much a window would cost to get made. I'll get more serious towards winter. I would like if I could remove the glass on the fly and bolt it to the roof for air circulation in those hot days.

Rock slider has a ding in it. I'm considering going to a steel yard and getting some heavy duty pipe and cutting it in half long ways. Then welding it to the bottom side of the sliders for extra support. 500 for one slider is stupid. A full skid plate isn't much more.

Feedback and opinions welcome as always.

20160624 223156

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow those prices really are stupid. As for the slider, S&S full skid plate and a-arm guards are only 750 shipped. And I can testify to their toughness. Just a thought.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Wow those prices really are stupid. As for the slider, S&S full skid plate and a-arm guards are only 750 shipped. And I can testify to their toughness. Just a thought.

The skid plate covers the rock sliders right?

Can you link or give me make of yours?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The skid plate covers the rock sliders right?

Can you link or give me make of yours?
I don't have any experience with sliders. The skid is even with the frame. Look them up on Facebook. S&S Fabrication out of KY

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't have any experience with sliders. The skid is even with the frame. Look them up on Facebook. S&S Fabrication out of KY
The rigs come stock with the 2 sliders. Did you take yours off?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The rigs come stock with the 2 sliders. Did you take yours off?
I didn't remove anything. I guess we are talking about the same thing so yes it does cover it.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I didn't remove anything. I guess we are talking about the same thing so yes it does cover it.

I have to cross over lots of sharp rocks. Do these plates get holes in them ever? I'm just worried about a plastic plate. It just seems like metal might be stickier but would last forever

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Check out After-market Parts and Accessories for ATVs. UTVs, and Sleds

They are in Wasilla, off KGB behind Batteries plus and Fastenal. The prices on their wheels are comparable to online. Talk to Peter, he can probably get you UHMW skids shipped up here cheaply.

The aluminum Honda skids are OK, but they only cover out to the frame rails. They will bend and don't slide across the rocks as well as UHMW will.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
I have to cross over lots of sharp rocks. Do these plates get holes in them ever? I'm just worried about a plastic plate. It just seems like metal might be stickier but would last forever
That UHMW plastic is the same stuff guys up here line the bottoms of their aluminum jet boats with.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive drug mine across rocks countless times without any damage. The uhmw skids have been known to crack. There are a couple of members on here that have had that issue. They are slick though and will slide off rocks easier. But that hasn't been a problem for me yet.

B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Check out After-market Parts and Accessories for ATVs. UTVs, and Sleds

They are in Wasilla, off KGB behind Batteries plus and Fastenal. The prices on their wheels are comparable to online. Talk to Peter, he can probably get you UHMW skids shipped up here cheaply.

The aluminum Honda skids are OK, but they only cover out to the frame rails. They will bend and don't slide across the rocks as well as UHMW will.
Think he can get high lifted a arms and lift kit as well? I'll call tomorrow

Last edited:
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So. Got my insurance and shop estimates back. Total is about 4100. My deductable is 500 so they are cutting me a check for around 3600.

From that 3600 dollars, I am only going to get my roll Cage fixed and new back doors ordered. Evidently they won't just sell one door, you have to buy pairs. That's pretty Gay.

So. Honda prices are stupid. They want 250 dollars for a flipping rim. That's the non deluxe steel rim. The fancy 14 inch aluminum runs are 12 dollars cheaper. They are only 230. Ridiculous.

Please guys, tell me how much your itps cost? 90 a piece? With lifetime warranty? 250 a piece should get me Beadlocks.

150 for lower a arm. I suppose that is close to fair, but when a whole set of highlighter arms is only 3 times the cost of one stock arm, I think that's pricey.

So I'm gonna bag the windshield for now. I may go into a glass shop and see how much a window would cost to get made. I'll get more serious towards winter. I would like if I could remove the glass on the fly and bolt it to the roof for air circulation in those hot days.

Rock slider has a ding in it. I'm considering going to a steel yard and getting some heavy duty pipe and cutting it in half long ways. Then welding it to the bottom side of the sliders for extra support. 500 for one slider is stupid. A full skid plate isn't much more.

Feedback and opinions welcome as always.

View attachment 17356
what happened to your rig? I guess I missed something... did you wreck it?

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Call Factory UTV for a quote on UHMW skid.
Shipping to canada was reasonable.

My STI beadlocks were only $121 CAD = $93 USD

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Im gonna call them too. I want 2 6+1 HD6's for my front. Couldn't find anybody on eBay that sells them separately. But I didn't look too hard lol

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Im gonna call them too. I want 2 6+1 HD6's for my front. Couldn't find anybody on eBay that sells them separately. But I didn't look too hard lol
Factory UTV is mostly just for the skid plates. I dont think they have wheels.

I got my wheels from ATV Tires Canada - a good place to shop online for canadians but probably not for you.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Factory UTV is mostly just for the skid plates. I dont think they have wheels.

I got my wheels from ATV Tires Canada - a good place to shop online for canadians but probably not for you.
Oh ok. I thought where you got your sti beadlocks from. Must've misread it

Last edited:
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

dude so i have searched through the forum, maybe not deeply enough, and im not able to find whether using the incorrect can am pattern is okay or not. it is 1mm wider, which is only a 1/2 on each side.

what pattern are you running on your rims? the correct pattern is 4/136 but all the tire shops online that say honda 1000 all say the incorrect number, which is the can am number (4/137). thoughts?

i see people running itp and diesel rims, which to my searching capability only make 4/137

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!