P1000 Current Problems with your Pioneer 1000?

Current Problems with your Pioneer 1000?

• No issues.

Votes: 146 67.9%
  • Minor issues.

Votes: 38 17.7%
  • Major issues.

Votes: 31 14.4%

• Total voters
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
List your current problems with your Pioneer 1000!

Problems: Yes or NO. Please list them.
  1. Which pioneer 1000 do you have?
  2. The date you bought it?
  3. How many miles you have on it?
  4. What accessories you have installed on it?
  5. The terrain you ride on?
  6. The brand of oil you use in it?

--------------------
Here is mine:
Problems= back brake line was leaking had to tighten it and bleed brake lines. front end alignment because tires wear on the inside to much.
1. Pioneer 1000-5 Non Deluxe [Green]
2. December 30 2015
3. 2597miles
4. HARD ROOF 5P, Honda ALUMINUM A-ARM GUARDS front & rear ,TWO-PIECE POLY WINDSCREEN (HARD COAT),KFI SE45 ATV Stealth Winch, ATV Tek UTVSV1 Adjustable Multi-Directional Sun Blocking Clear View UTV Sun Visor,Heininger 6000 Advantage Adjustable 11-Inch Hitch Extension, Home made mud blockers, Kolpin 3 Way Hitch, 2-Inch, Moose UTV Inside/Outside Rear View Mirror - 0640-0386.Rubber Bed Mat led light bar.filter skins,storage net.

5. woods, field, back roads, Mud, Water, rocks, dirt. Ice & snow. Steep hills,pulling 5x8 trailer.
6. Honda oil

Last edited:
Reactions: swampsnake
DTAGG

DTAGG

Sep 11, 2015
ST GEORGE UTAH/ACCORD LAKES SEVIER COUNTY UTAH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
problems. none
1. Pioneer 1000-5 deluxe red / Camo wrap from mossy oak graphics
2. October 13Th 2015 purchased 1st one in Utah.
3. miles 465.
4. Accessories, hard roof , glass windshield for winter months, 1/4 windscreen for summer months, 8 ply GBC Grimm reaper tires stock size.
soft mid panel, soft rear panel.
5. Mojave desert in winter months, mountain elk country in summer months. forest roads, atv trails, anything that gets me to the next fishing hole.
6. Honda oil gn4 10w40 for engine and sub trans. lucas 75w140 front and rear diff.
7. greatest machine on the planet. zero issues.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Problems: on three occasions now it took 5-7 seconds to start and then idled rough for another 10 seconds. Hasn't done it in a while.

Driver side brake line was missing the hardware that holds it to the A-arm

Passenger side seat belt was very loose and needed to be tightened.

The high gear ratio in low range is a problem in my opinion even though in ~200 miles it hasn't caused a mechanical issue.

1. Pioneer 1000-5D

2. 12/19/2015

3. ~200

4. Deep breath....OEM front bumper/brush guard, OEM rear bumper, hard roof, hard coat two piece wind screen, fabric rear panel, bedliner, bed extender, light cubes all over, limb risers, OEM winch and winch mount, MudBuster fender flares, rear view and side view mirrors, fire extinguisher, shackles, Rotopax fuel tanks, interior lights, WetSounds ultra 6, JBL 175, pistol mount, dash mounted winch switch, snorkeled front and rear diffs, sub trans, fuel tank, park brake box, and radiator fan, CATVOS 3" lift arched and 2" Forward A-arms in the front. 3" lift arched A-arms in the rear, 30x10-14 Roctane tires on 14x7 beadlock STI HD

5. Property maintenance. Hauling firewood, pulling small trailers, several pleasure rides with deep water and hills and rocks.

6. Engine and subtrans are filled with Honda HP4S 10-30

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey Joey, I'd be interested in seeing a picture of the pistol mount.

Reactions: Jbird
walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Problems: Noticed one of the front differential bracket bolts was stripped when I went to install KFI warn winch mount. Bolt was marred up pretty bad when I removed it. New bolt tightened up pretty good so I let it ride. Only other issues are squeaks and rattles and I "think" I have them all sorted out.

1. P1000-5 camo deluxe
2. 2-12-16
3. 76 miles
4. Honda rear door cupholders, warn provantage 4500 winch with KFI mount, Honda bed extender, mirrors, mudbuster rear flares
5. First 35 miles was very hilly pipeline - some real good climbs. Valleys often had shallow muddy creeks. Last 40 miles was more pipeline/trail riding, but not as hilly, about the same amount of mud. I have gotten it in a bind one time trying to back up while locked, turned, and in reverse while one side was in a rut. Had to give full throttle to get tires moving then quickly adjust to less throttle. Noticed no issues due to this. I will say I run it pretty hard - there has been no "break-in".
6. Still on factory fill. Have already purchased new filters and Honda oil for first service at 100 miles.

Waylan

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1000-5 Deluxe. Bought 1-5-16. 100 miles. Hard 5P roof, Honda flipup hard coat windshield, super winch 4500, kfi mount, wireless remote kit, rear receiver, 6 additional led cube lights. Mud, mud, and more mud, rocks, steep grades. Honda GN4 oil. Zero problems except for minor door rattling. Adjusting the stops cured almost all of them.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
List your current problems with your Pioneer 1000!

Problems: Yes or NO. Please list them.
  • Which pioneer 1000 do you have?
  • The date you bought it?
  • How many miles you have on it?
  • What accessories you have installed on it?
  • The terrain you ride on?
  • The brand of oil you use in it?
Problems: I will say NO, but there are a few issues that piss me off.
- Installing the seat is a 2 person job, darn seat belt want say in up position. Going to add another spacer sometime.
- Who forgot to close up the hole around the gas peddle? Mud/Water just comes rushing in.
- Shock assist for the bed dump needs to be redesigned to become actually useful.
- Oil tank dip stick area holds mud like a cup.
  • 1000-5 Red
  • November 2015
  • Winch and light bar
  • Pasture and trails
  • Honda GN4 10w30

Last edited:
Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Only problem I had was one of the bolts on the passenger side bed side was stripped, so the bed side was very loose. I repaired it and so far so good. I do have some of the same concerns as detailed by HONDASXS. Bed assist strut is lame. Mine has a whining sound coming from the motor that still drives me crazy, hoping it clears up soon. Will be doing snow plowing with it and am concerned that too much " creeping " while pushing snow in tight areas may hurt my clutch. My 700 excels in this area.

1 1000 3 EPS
2. January 5th, 2016
3. 96 miles. Ready for first service in the next week
4. Glass winsheild, fabric roof / rear panel, winch, 2nd battery and isolator, front and rear led pods, stock tires
5. Trails, backyard and soon Royal Blue
6. Factory oil , but gets Honda GN4S 10w30 next week

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1000-3 white
Jan 20 2016
100 miles
Too many accessories to list
All terrain
Honda oil
Problems: little bit of rattling and squeaks i fixed most of them. Seems like it wants to shutter in reverse. Problem might work its self out over time. Might need to break its self in. If not I have warranty

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wonder if they will pull design or manufacturing out of the usa? I can hear them now! ( insert your own version of the conversation now)

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
1000-3 eps
Purchased: 11/15
4xx miles
No problems at all!
Little rattle here or there to tighten but nothing that doesn't come from off-road use.
Hard top, glass windshield, hard rear panel, soft doors (I guess these could be better but do the job), wet sounds stealth 6 (I like this a lot), 28" tires on different wheels 5+2, warn winch and mount, duel batteries, full trail armor skid and a arm guards, power commander (gotta find time to install still), mr. heater golf buddy (red neck but really does a good job)
I ride every type of terrain
Amsoil in everything but the diffs which Yamaha lube in those (machine runs smooth...really felt like the Amsoil did a good thing for motor and subtrans!!) I did not leave the original oil in for more than a couple hours and then ran the same convential Honda oil through it for maybe 20 more hours then switched to Amsoil!!

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Only problem I had was one of the bolts on the passenger side bed side was stripped, so the bed side was very loose. I repaired it and so far so good. I do have some of the same concerns as detailed by HONDASXS. Bed assist strut is lame. Mine has a whining sound coming from the motor that still drives me crazy, hoping it clears up soon. Will be doing snow plowing with it and am concerned that too much " creeping " while pushing snow in tight areas may hurt my clutch. My 700 excels in this area.

1 1000 3 EPS
2. January 5th, 2016
3. 96 miles. Ready for first service in the next week
4. Glass winsheild, fabric roof / rear panel, winch, 2nd battery and isolator, front and rear led pods, stock tires
5. Trails, backyard and soon Royal Blue
6. Factory oil , but gets Honda GN4S 10w30 next week
So I need to add that I noticed a shudder in reverse tonight when I was backing it up into the barn. There is a 3 inch high lip where grass meets concrete. Going slowly up that lip caused a shudder. Will see if it goes away with first oil change.

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1000-5 deluxe
51 miles. Lots of mud given the wet winter, some nasty hills as well.
1/27/16 ish
Honda soft roof, home made windshield, led rock lights.(actually semi truck clearance lights), cheap little 3 way compass, clock, thermometer.
Still on break in oil.

Only issue I have is the honda roof has bows in it that make it too tall for my garage, and some minor door rattles. Otherwise it has been perfect!

HivoltageHonda

HivoltageHonda

Aug 6, 2015
Hernando, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got 105 miles on my camo p1000. Had some light shuddering in some slow technical terrain nothing bad yet. My only problem so far is rattles and my brakes have been Squeeking since new. Getting ready to take it in for first service.

S

Story

Mar 9, 2016
Kentucky
  1. 1000-3
  2. 12/30/15
  3. 300 hours
  4. Hard roof, cab, and doors; LED Light, Heater, Bluetooth Speakers, Front Wiper, Roof Gun Rack, Front Bumper
  5. Farm, Rolling Hills
  6. Honda Oil

Problems - YES
Mechanically this thing is a beast and I love it. I think there are several design flaws that are annoying and creating an inconvenience. Here are the problems I have had. Please take in mind I don't misuse anything but I do use them.

1) The straps for the door are HORRIBLE. They have broke on me twice. The door is too heavy for the straps, and as far as that goes, also too heavy for the frame. So when I parked down hill the door swung open, breaking the strap, then springing the door. Throwing everything out of line. I eventually put cables on it, which did end up breaking because they crimped against each other till they cut. My local shop insists on straps but they won't last. A hydraulic cylinder would be best but I don't think it is setup for that. Anyone on here have the same problem??

2) The dash on the cab lets air through like crazy. We have been able to stuff foam in the dash to help that but it still gets through. I have been in competitive sxs and they did not have that problem. Some sort of air diverter needs to be built under the hood. Its almost useless to have the heater if you can't keep air out. Don't expect it to fully seal but it should be a lot better than it is.

3) Where the engine is located underneath the seat, it gets very hot. The plastic almost becomes too hot to touch. The whole cab gets hot as well. The last few days have been in the 60's and you will roast in there.

I honestly love the thing. I'm giving Honda the benefit of the doubt since they are trying to figure it out and don't want to seem nit picky. But when you spend $20k on something, I except it to not have these obvious flaws. The other minor things I didn't even report.

walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are you talking about when you say "straps for the door"?

Thanks,

Waylan

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
What are you talking about when you say "straps for the door"?

Thanks,

Waylan
On the hard full doors there is a little 1" wide nylon strap that goes from the door frame to the door to keep them from swinging open all the way and damaging the doors or bending your hinge panel. I would agree they aren't good enough on mine either. I'm going to make some out of a seat belt or something when mine break

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I need you to post a picture of those straps on the door far as I know there's no straps on the door maybe for shipment thanks

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!