BOX1

P500 Custom snowplow mount

M

MacGyver

Dec 27, 2018
Nw Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
Hey all. Since I got my p500 there has been 3 feet of snow everywhere and I've only managed to put on about 10 kms since I got it. I have however been working on hooking up a snowplow that I scrounged up, and so far is coming along nicely. I thought I'd share some pics. So far I've added 6 inches to each side of the blade to make it 66 inches overall. The mount so far is working out, and I just have to drive into it and it clips on. I'm working on being able to pull the angle pin from in the cab and just side load the blade to get the angle, and then release the pin to lock it in place. It lifts about 18inches to the bottom edge of the blade. A little more welding and it'll be ready for paint. IMG 1707 1554517058713 IMG 1706 IMG 1703

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Nice skills, your quick connect is similar to a polaris belly mount I have. Fyi, for another project, made a bucket to switch out with the blade. Had to experiment with side brackets and pulley placement to lift and tilt bucket up on winching in. Later added pendulum legs at bucket/arm mount (no pic) to allow controlled dump while bucket was raised, by spooling out winch. Swinging legs eliminated the verticle height holder (piece at fairlead). Release winch, drive forward and legs swing back to lower bucket to scoop. Just sharing a fun project.

1F177FEC 585B 49EE 9AF7 C168D6D63093 BF5175E3 5472 4C2B 94EF 9A2AD8C1B5AD

Last edited:
R

RumpRocket

Dec 23, 2017
USA
Ownership

1. 500
Nice skills, your quick connect is similar to a polaris belly mount I have. Fyi, for another project, made a bucket to switch out with with the blade. Had to experiment with side brackets and pulley placement to lift and tilt bucket up on winching in. Later added pendulum legs at bucket/arm mount (no pic) to allow controlled dump while bucket was raised, by spooling out winch. Swinging legs eliminated the verticle height holder (piece at fairlead). Release winch, drive forward and legs swing back to lower bucket to scoop. Just sharing a fun project.

View attachment 121601 View attachment 121602

Thats an interesting concept.

M

MacGyver

Dec 27, 2018
Nw Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
Nice skills, your quick connect is similar to a polaris belly mount I have. Fyi, for another project, made a bucket to switch out with with the blade. Had to experiment with side brackets and pulley placement to lift and tilt bucket up on winching in. Later added pendulum legs at bucket/arm mount (no pic) to allow controlled dump while bucket was raised, by spooling out winch. Swinging legs eliminated the verticle height holder (piece at fairlead). Release winch, drive forward and legs swing back to lower bucket to scoop. Just sharing a fun project.

View attachment 121601 View attachment 121602

That's pretty sweet. Never really thought about a bucket on the front but could see it being handy. I'm definitely gonna be building a set of forks for loading logs onto the deck of my bandsaw mill. I like the idea of the controlled dump and with a set of forks would allow me to gently roll logs onto the deck...

Reactions: Mudder
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
And it you need really slow contol, do a second pulley, but that was too slow for my needs.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!