BOX1

Multi Custom Switch Panels (2017 thread)

C

Chmathu89

May 13, 2019
St. Anne, Il
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did a lot of research for my own switches and across Jeep guys, rzr owners, boating forums, etc OTRATTW was the clear choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you still making panels for the 1000 deluxe?

H

hgotcher

Jul 16, 2020
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off, thanks to everyone that has purchased a switch panel or tailgate brackets and help spread the word about them. I work in a metal shop and am able to run orders of parts through. I started by cutting a custom switch panel for myself and I thought I'd offer a few guys on here one. I enjoy working with people and making something they can use and appreciate. If you have one of my panels please share a picture of your setup here.

Now for some FAQs
  • What's the cost?
    Due to increasing metal prices, paypal fees, packaging and the time involved I am going to charge $30 (this includes tax and shipping) for the panels that I already have programmed and usually try to keep them in stock. You can PM me for custom requests. Shipping to Canada is an extra $10.
  • What are they made of?
    The switch panels are laser cut from 16 ga. steel (.062") and then powder coated in a black texture that is a perfect match to the pioneer dash.
  • What fits?
    I'm working on a gallery of all of the panels I've made and options available but I have multiple combinations of the below options for all model pioneers.
  • Switches- After much research on other forums for boats, rzrs, rock buggies etc I went with switches from OTRATTW.net in my pioneer (stands for over the river and through the woods, FYI). I use their switch cutout dimensions. There are other switches that with fit but some of the cheaper ones require you file the cutouts some to get them in. I'll work on a list of what fits and what doesn't.

• Radios- Most of my panels have either a 3" (Jensen, Boss, Maybe others) radio cutout or a 3 & 3/8" cutout for a JBL. Again I will work on a more inclusive list here. I also have one for the Pioneer 1000 that accepts a DIN style radio.

• Ram Mount- the small 4 hole pattern in the panels (known as the AMPS mounting pattern) accepts a Ram mount for a phone, gps, cup holder or they make them for just about anything you can think of.

• The round hole- The 1 & 1/8" round holes, sometimes left in tack as a knock out will accept a 12v or usb outlet or a volt meter. I will provide links below.

• How do I order?
    Please send me a PM with what you are looking for and I'll let you know what I have available. I need to know if you have a 500, 700 (and which year model if its a 700, or 1000.

• How do I pay?
    I prefer paypal or you can mail a check or money order. PM me for payment info if you are ready to order here --> Message @mystic1219

• How long until I receive my panel?
    This is still a hobby and not a business for me. I try to keep several of the common layouts in stock. These are ran through a large shop and must be placed in line for production including programming, cutting and powder coating. I first must meet a minimum number of panels to place an order, and then usually have a 2 week lead time depending how busy we are.
I hope to be able to offer more products later this year as I have time to work on them. I will provide links below to some of the parts that I know will fit in the panels.

Parts Links
Blank panel plugs V-Series Panel Plug
Is the switch panels still available?

CMB

CMB

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
@mystic1219 Just wanted to say thanks for the switch plate. Installed and looks works great. Good job. 👍

Reactions: mystic1219
Spoonbill

Spoonbill

Apr 24, 2020
East TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven’t received mine yet due to a miscue on the shipping; however, did you happen to take a few pics during the install indicating how much of the original dash you removed?

mystic1219

mystic1219

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jul 3, 2015
I haven’t received mine yet due to a miscue on the shipping; however, did you happen to take a few pics during the install indicating how much of the original dash you removed?

I used to cut only each individual cutout but the more of them I install I have started cutting larger portions of the dash out and it works just as well either way. Make sure to leave 1/2” or so around the perimeter where you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itsrip

itsrip

Mar 10, 2021
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
First off, thanks to everyone that has purchased a switch panel or tailgate brackets and help spread the word about them. I work in a metal shop and am able to run orders of parts through. I started by cutting a custom switch panel for myself and I thought I'd offer a few guys on here one. I enjoy working with people and making something they can use and appreciate. If you have one of my panels please share a picture of your setup here.

Now for some FAQs
  • What's the cost?
    Due to increasing metal prices, paypal fees, packaging and the time involved I am going to charge $30 (this includes tax and shipping) for the panels that I already have programmed and usually try to keep them in stock. You can PM me for custom requests. Shipping to Canada is an extra $10.
  • What are they made of?
    The switch panels are laser cut from 16 ga. steel (.062") and then powder coated in a black texture that is a perfect match to the pioneer dash.
  • What fits?
    I'm working on a gallery of all of the panels I've made and options available but I have multiple combinations of the below options for all model pioneers.
  • Switches- After much research on other forums for boats, rzrs, rock buggies etc I went with switches from OTRATTW.net in my pioneer (stands for over the river and through the woods, FYI). I use their switch cutout dimensions. There are other switches that with fit but some of the cheaper ones require you file the cutouts some to get them in. I'll work on a list of what fits and what doesn't.

• Radios- Most of my panels have either a 3" (Jensen, Boss, Maybe others) radio cutout or a 3 & 3/8" cutout for a JBL. Again I will work on a more inclusive list here. I also have one for the Pioneer 1000 that accepts a DIN style radio.

• Ram Mount- the small 4 hole pattern in the panels (known as the AMPS mounting pattern) accepts a Ram mount for a phone, gps, cup holder or they make them for just about anything you can think of.

• The round hole- The 1 & 1/8" round holes, sometimes left in tack as a knock out will accept a 12v or usb outlet or a volt meter. I will provide links below.

• How do I order?
    Please send me a PM with what you are looking for and I'll let you know what I have available. I need to know if you have a 500, 700 (and which year model if its a 700, or 1000.

• How do I pay?
    I prefer paypal or you can mail a check or money order. PM me for payment info if you are ready to order here --> Message @mystic1219

• How long until I receive my panel?
    This is still a hobby and not a business for me. I try to keep several of the common layouts in stock. These are ran through a large shop and must be placed in line for production including programming, cutting and powder coating. I first must meet a minimum number of panels to place an order, and then usually have a 2 week lead time depending how busy we are.
I hope to be able to offer more products later this year as I have time to work on them. I will provide links below to some of the parts that I know will fit in the panels.

Parts Links
Blank panel plugs V-Series Panel Plug

Reactions: SmallTownBushMan
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!