BOX1

DAS MOOSE!!

Stoney

Stoney

Jan 28, 2015
Alberton, Montana
Alright, alright, alright! Finally went and picked up our 2022 700-4 Deluxe. We left Montana this morning at 9 am and finally got back at 7 pm. I don't think we spent more than 30 minutes at the dealer. It's been a trip but we got the rig we wanted. I even took a picture for @Remington so he knows it happened ;) On the way down the missus and the boys were joking about how we how planned on the "Das Moose" project name which has been a running joke for us going on a few years now. Coincidently we saw not one, but three, moose at different spots along the drive. Both coming and going. The name is now official I guess.

So starting tomorrow we start adding parts and the build begins.
20220625 184744

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Alright, alright, alright! Finally went and picked up our 2022 700-4 Deluxe. We left Montana this morning at 9 am and finally got back at 7 pm. I don't think we spent more than 30 minutes at the dealer. It's been a trip but we got the rig we wanted. I even took a picture for @Remington so he knows it happened ;) On the way down the missus and the boys were joking about how we how planned on the "Das Moose" project name which has been a running joke for us going on a few years now. Coincidently we saw not one, but three, moose at different spots along the drive. Both coming and going. The name is now official I guess.

So starting tomorrow we start adding parts and the build begins.View attachment 340789

Congrats on the new buggy 👍

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Being Moose brown, it’ll probably need it’s own bucket and the wife will happier trail riding. Congratulations!!!

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

So starting tomorrow we start adding parts and the build begins.View attachment 340789

Sehr Gut, Wilkommen. Bullwinkle!

Last edited:
Stoney

Stoney

Jan 28, 2015
Alberton, Montana
Well today we got some things done. First was I installed the Stark Phantom LED headlights. Qucik and easy with no issues. Immediate difference when shining on the side of the shop. Glad I did that right away. I remember my P500 was always a bit gloom when riding back to the truck after a long day hunting.

I installed the Big Sky overhead gun rack. Now I just gotta get in the gun safe and designate which rifle is going to be my main stick for this rig. Yet again I'm very happy with this rack.

Next I went and installed the Crossroads 3d six gang switch box to the overhead. I went on like a breeze and I'll start filling it up with light bar and comm switches as I get them.

I was able to mount my phone Ram Mount tdirectly to that overhead gang box. It keeps my phone at an easy to see place but doesn't block my vision at all. I'm curious to see if I'll end up leaving the Ram mount there or if I move it after a while.

After that I installed the Crossroads 3D 4 gang with round onto the dash. This panel will house turn signals switches and what not from the club store turn signal kit. I will put the the dual battery kit volt meter gauge in the round gang. This panel box mounted right up and looks great as well. Very pleased.

I was going to start mounting up the stinger, breaker, and accessory fuse box today but I realized I'm going to need some sheet metal. After eyeballing it I decided that I will do that another day. It doesn't help that my shop is an empty pole barn with no power or pad right now.

I took the missus and youngest boy out on a ride afterwards. We used our headsets and that was awesome. We were getting a lot of wind noise on Sarah's mic for some reason. I'll dig more into that tonight. They were still worth the investment.

After we had gone about 7 miles we stopped to move a branch out of the road. That's when I noticed I my temperature was at 4 bars and the radiator was boiling! Mind you the machine is now at 8 total miles because it's brand new. I scrounged around I didn't notice anything obivious short of the fan not spinning at all. First thoughts were air bubble or fuse. Fuse was good. Once the temp dropped we loaded up and came back home. While cruising at about 35 there was no problem but as soon as we parked the temp went back up again. I checked again and couldn't find anything obvious but noted that the fan was still not on.

I decided to eat some lunch and check the forums here. Glad I did. After some pork chops I went back out to the machine and started following the fan wire. Found the connector to which, low and behold, wasn't even hooked up. Like straight up just left unconnected. Well I clipped it together and started the machine. It idled up to two bars and still no fan. I took it for a quick mile down the road and back to which it stayed at two bars. I pulled in, parked, and left the machine idling. I was poking around checking for leaks and anything else when the fan kicked on. I guess I will try to take it out on another ride for a little longer to see how it holds when I get the chance. Hopefully this evening.6102d94befbbfe0e9b186c9eb4fdce00C21ec8f330fb0bbb63c2802a2974973f0d1f8a9c5a429dbf0703423860f4537990693ee98a557469ce64e599ec26107d0ea151499e56ad7b71d68f9f088a855f77b7b35535ef5c9efcd1d6f6d64a99ed

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well today we got some things done. First was I installed the Stark Phantom LED headlights. Qucik and easy with no issues. Immediate difference when shining on the side of the shop. Glad I did that right away. I remember my P500 was always a bit gloom when riding back to the truck after a long day hunting.

I installed the Big Sky overhead gun rack. Now I just gotta get in the gun safe and designate which rifle is going to be my main stick for this rig. Yet again I'm very happy with this rack.

Next I went and installed the Crossroads 3d six gang switch box to the overhead. I went on like a breeze and I'll start filling it up with light bar and comm switches as I get them.

I was able to mount my phone Ram Mount tdirectly to that overhead gang box. It keeps my phone at an easy to see place but doesn't block my vision at all. I'm curious to see if I'll end up leaving the Ram mount there or if I move it after a while.

After that I installed the Crossroads 3D 4 gang with round onto the dash. This panel will house turn signals switches and what not from the club store turn signal kit. I will put the the dual battery kit volt meter gauge in the round gang. This panel box mounted right up and looks great as well. Very pleased.

I was going to start mounting up the stinger, breaker, and accessory fuse box today but I realized I'm going to need some sheet metal. After eyeballing it I decided that I will do that another day. It doesn't help that my shop is an empty pole barn with no power or pad right now.

I took the missus and youngest boy out on a ride afterwards. We used our headsets and that was awesome. We were getting a lot of wind noise on Sarah's mic for some reason. I'll dig more into that tonight. They were still worth the investment.

After we had gone about 7 miles we stopped to move a branch out of the road. That's when I noticed I my temperature was at 4 bars and the radiator was boiling! Mind you the machine is now at 8 total miles because it's brand new. I scrounged around I didn't notice anything obivious short of the fan not spinning at all. First thoughts were air bubble or fuse. Fuse was good. Once the temp dropped we loaded up and came back home. While cruising at about 35 there was no problem but as soon as we parked the temp went back up again. I checked again and couldn't find anything obvious but noted that the fan was still not on.

I decided to eat some lunch and check the forums here. Glad I did. After some pork chops I went back out to the machine and started following the fan wire. Found the connector to which, low and behold, wasn't even hooked up. Like straight up just left unconnected. Well I clipped it together and started the machine. It idled up to two bars and still no fan. I took it for a quick mile down the road and back to which it stayed at two bars. I pulled in, parked, and left the machine idling. I was poking around checking for leaks and anything else when the fan kicked on. I guess I will try to take it out on another ride for a little longer to see how it holds when I get the chance. Hopefully this evening.View attachment 340949View attachment 340950View attachment 340951View attachment 340952View attachment 340953View attachment 340954

A few have had the fan not plugged in. I'd let the selling dealer know what just happened to a brand new machine. It's probably fine, but just to cover the bases somewhere down the road.

FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

nice looking buggy, enjoy

Stoney

Stoney

Jan 28, 2015
Alberton, Montana
Got some goodies today. My SuperATV split windshield showed up. I decided to go with it because it seems to be the go-to setup. It'll be curious to see how I like it during the winter hunts over in eastern Montana. Either way it mounted up easy enough.

I also got some sideview mirrors in. I'm not to worried about functionality I just wanted them to mount up without alot of hardware and connectors cluttering up the machine. I removed the ROPS clamps from the mirrors and removed the net loop from the machine ROPS. The mirror bolted directly into the threaded mount on the ROPS itself. I think I'm going to need to make about a 1/4" space to bump the mirror out just a touch so it can be adjusted. Right now they sit tight enough to the ROPS I can't line em up to see. Either way, it's road legal now. Here's the link... kemimoto UTV Side Mirrors, UTV Mirr...i_ZP4PZGJSESM7S7EGFRMG_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I also took a paint pen to the dash so I can see everything better. I saw a few others doing that and really liked it.

Hopefully, if UPS treats me right, tomorrow my SuperATV Roof, rear windshield, and winch mount should show up.Ea66c468cb1e774d4d16f132039ca6e54df7d1f51a80a0d7fcc0685de5ad4743B5f36d9671fc885d80e8cc18fbf0a0aa550917713a5ff0f9fb27752633883225

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!