P700 Dash not working, fuel pump not turning on

P

Putty1985

Sep 13, 2019
Fort plain ny
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’ve got a 2016 pioneer 700-4 that won’t run. Went for a ride last night and it ran perfectly fine, and I go out this morning and I turn the key and the dash won’t light up and the fuel pump doesn’t turn on. I’ve checked the fuses under the hood which are all good, the battery is at 12.2 volts, tried jumping it with the truck....I’m stumped! It’s also 10 degrees outside...it will turn over but I’m assuming it’s not getting fuel...

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would start by testing power across the key switch. Do your headlights turn on with the key forward ? A multimeter or comparable will be your friend during troubleshooting. 😉

K

KeithinLouisiana

Oct 6, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Check for loose battery cables and check the spark plug caps to make sure both of them are on well. If it is turning over but the multi function display won't come on while it's turning over then it sounds more like an electrical problem. Set your multi meter for 12 volts and start checking. Good luck.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sounds like a bad main relay, if your standing in front of the unit looking at the fuse box, it will be the left rear relay. Swap it with the one in front of it and see if everything works.
^^^ This

Reactions: Mudwing
P

Putty1985

Sep 13, 2019
Fort plain ny
Ownership

1. 700-4
so I ended up checking the relays next to the battery, and apparently something was loose in one of those connections, because when I wiggled it the dash lit up and the fuel pump started working again, but I still had no headlights and still wouldn’t start. Ended up hooking the winch to my trailer to try and get It up on the trailer, and I’m assuming it was frozen in gear because after a loud bang it started to roll freely and it started right up. Funny thing is, the dash was showing it was in neutral the whole time (after it finally started again)

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
so I ended up checking the relays next to the battery, and apparently something was loose in one of those connections, because when I wiggled it the dash lit up and the fuel pump started working again, but I still had no headlights and still wouldn’t start. Ended up hooking the winch to my trailer to try and get It up on the trailer, and I’m assuming it was frozen in gear because after a loud bang it started to roll freely and it started right up. Funny thing is, the dash was showing it was in neutral the whole time (after it finally started again)
Glad you’re back up and running.

D

Dsyler

Nov 30, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4
New member as of today. If anyone is still wondering about a fix, I just fixed mine today and it happened to be the bottom green 30amp mini fuse in the fuse box by the battery. It was gunked up from mud and corroded. Cleaned out the slot, popped a new one in and I got power back to the dash, fuel pump kicked on, and running again.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
New member as of today. If anyone is still wondering about a fix, I just fixed mine today and it happened to be the bottom green 30amp mini fuse in the fuse box by the battery. It was gunked up from mud and corroded. Cleaned out the slot, popped a new one in and I got power back to the dash, fuel pump kicked on, and running again.
Good info. Thanks. 😎

Reactions: Tim-1000 XT-R
Irish1

Irish1

Jan 21, 2022
Canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sounds like a bad main relay, if your standing in front of the unit looking at the fuse box, it will be the left rear relay. Swap it with the one in front of it and see if everything works.
This is also solution for many who have problem with cold starting. Engine turns over but no dash display and no fuel pump. That left rear relay is the culprit. I even refitted my 700sxs m1 with heavier battery for the type of cold we have here but in the end took that relay out when it still would not start and cold. Warmed it up put it back in and away it went. Many getting stranded in cold by this. Glad to have tracked it down.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is also solution for many who have problem with cold starting. Engine turns over but no dash display and no fuel pump. That left rear relay is the culprit. I even refitted my 700sxs m1 with heavier battery for the type of cold we have here but in the end took that relay out when it still would not start and cold. Warmed it up put it back in and away it went. Many getting stranded in cold by this. Glad to have tracked it down.
Is Honda sourcing the electricals from Polaris these days?

• Haha
Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!