P1000m3 DCT filter

R

ronbarn

Jul 13, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can't seem to find info is the KN-113 the filter for the DCT?
I know the KN-114 is the oil filter

H

HondaTech

I believe the 113 is a replacement for 15412-HM5-A10, the oil filter for the majority of Honda atvs.

We were having problems finding DCT filters since the Honda part # is on back order.

HiFlo Filtro says there HF-117 is a replacement for the DCT filter on the Africa Twin and they use the same filter as the Pioneer/Talon.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I believe the 113 is a replacement for 15412-HM5-A10, the oil filter for the majority of Honda atvs.

We were having problems finding DCT filters since the Honda part # is on back order.

HiFlo Filtro says there HF-117 is a replacement for the DCT filter on the Africa Twin and they use the same filter as the Pioneer/Talon.
This raises the question - The Talon shares oil between the engine and DCT but it has two filters - so does the oil pass through both filters on its way through the engine? I'm waiting for a 2021 to arrive at the dealer and I'll put 100 miles on it the first one or two rides - if I can't get DCT filters, will the engine filter cover me until the DCT filters are available or will the DCT oil only be running through a dirty filter?

H

HondaTech

This raises the question - The Talon shares oil between the engine and DCT but it has two filters - so does the oil pass through both filters on its way through the engine? I'm waiting for a 2021 to arrive at the dealer and I'll put 100 miles on it the first one or two rides - if I can't get DCT filters, will the engine filter cover me until the DCT filters are available or will the DCT oil only be running through a dirty filter?

All the oil pumped through the engine and trans will eventually be returned to the oil pan and circulated through the entire system again. The DCT filter is filtering the oil that gets pulled from that part of the 3 rotor oil pump before it goes into the trans feed line. So anything that's in the oil could eventually be passed through any part of the engine assembly.

The only way oil gets to the clutch side of things is through the DCT oil filter. Honestly I've never pulled a DCT or engine oil filter that was "dirty" at 100 miles.

I would assume dealers have filters in stock, no way any dealer should be out just yet. We have some but they came up on B.O yesterday when we put the daily order in. I didn't ask what the ETA was on when they would be avaliable.

Honestly I wouldn't be to worried about running the DCT filter past 100 miles, even past 600 miles. Honda actually says to change the DCT filter every 2400 miles. I dont think I'd ever go that long on it, but they obviously aren't too worried about it "filling" up that quick. We always do both filters at the same time, just for ease of keeping tabs on what's been done and how often.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!