BOX1

P500 Dealer Coolant Flush Cost

M

Mtholton

Apr 20, 2019
Mn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just had my 2018 Pioneer 500 coolant flushed while in the shop. They made mention that it took a long time and was tedious to the tune of a few hundred bucks. Did they not know what they were doing, or is that to be expected? Just trying to determine if I want to make sure to tackle it myself next time... Seemed steep...

Bmurray

Bmurray

Lifetime Member
May 6, 2021
Missouri but soon to be Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon X
They absolutely do not know what they’re doing. Have them show you the book rate or what they can get from Honda if it was actually warranty

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
All repairs have a flat rate dictated by the manufacturer. Honda customer service should be able to tell you what it is.

Then expect about $100 per hour labor.

M

Mtholton

Apr 20, 2019
Mn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This was at a independent shop… lesson learned

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
This was at a independent shop… lesson learned
Time to learn how to do these things yourself. Save some doll hairs and feel better knowing it was done RIGHT. ;)

M

Mtholton

Apr 20, 2019
Mn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ha, I've made good progress on learning the other maintenance.. Sometimes time is the limiting factor and just had to pay to get it done...

Reactions: Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Ha, I've made good progress on learning the other maintenance.. Sometimes time is the limiting factor and just had to pay to get it done...
I used to do everything myself, and I did/do my best to make time to do it, even when inconvenient.

As I got older, I started doing a few less things because they were a PITA. Muffler or exhaust work? Not any more. Do I have to spend hours laying on my back on the ground? No more. I even started letting others do SOME things as long as it took me less time to earn the money that it was costing me to have someone else do it.

But the most important reason why I try to do everything myself is what I already mentioned: If you do it, you know for a fact it was done right.

I've seen countless instances where the shop didn't do what they were paid to do, literally. I mean, many years ago, I watched a mechanic in the gas station I worked at run out of time to install some struts that a customer brought in to have replaced in his vehicle. The mechanic literally wiped the dirt off the old struts to make them look new, charged the guy for labor and sent him on his way ... and the mechanic KEPT his new struts. I've seen guys charge people for full synthetic oil changes and put dino oil in.

Unless I have a working relationship with a repair shop, I trust nobody when it comes to my vehicles.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!