Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I don’t, but what I did and many others have.. if you search in the magnafine glass for bilge fan on this site you will find that there’s many inexpensive DYI ways on how to do that yourself. There is a member that sells these heat shields on EBay for around 30$ the bilge fan runs about the same if you look on amazon. All you’ll need is a bracket you can easily make any way you like and a switch to turn it on and off. Or if you want to spend more money, just buy the kit on jegs. Either way, we’re all here to help you out.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Skip Jegs and contact DEI themselves.
They are a forum sponsor now. Check the vendor section for their code.
@DEIDan
I apologize, I didn’t know they were a Sponsor. I was just trying to help with how I did it.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I apologize, I didn’t know they were a Sponsor. I was just trying to help with how I did it.
@Remington no need to apologize, I went another route as well. I figured he asked for DEI, so I suggested he contact our forum vendor vs going to jegs.

Reactions: Remington
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Remington no need to apologize, I went another route as well. I figured he asked for DEI, so I suggested he contact our forum vendor vs going to jegs.

I’ve got their heat shield and it is a much better quality than the eBay one (sorry). I can recommend it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hondasxs and Bones
B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed the heat shield and it made a big difference not only in heat but also sound deadening. Worth the money and time to do it. Doubt I'll need the fan.

Reactions: JTW
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed the heat shield and it made a big difference not only in heat but also sound deadening. Worth the money and time to do it. Doubt I'll need the fan.
Can you post some pics of it? It looks like actual heat shielding vs the bubble wrap insulation we have all used.

B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is heat shielding. It's about 3/16" thick. They did a pretty decent job putting all the holes in the correct position so you can lock it down with the stock push pins. If you have the Honda rubber fix that needs to go away for this install. Like I said, big difference in engine noise too. Noticeably quieter and cooler. I'd recommend it and if you do buy it watch the video, the paper instructions aren't great. Got it from Jegs.
IMG 2738 IMG 2739 IMG 2741

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Hondasxs
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!