P1000 Deluxe vs LE? Need some real world knowledge.

Rangejunkie

Rangejunkie

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2019
Jackson, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all, I am looking to purchase my first Honda sxs. I've decided on a 1000-5 model, but can't decide between the deluxe or the LE model. The biggest hang up for me is the idrive system. I like the fact that the deluxe has a diff locker, but the LE doesn't because of the idrive. Can someone tell me how they compare in the real world. Just seems like something else to mess up later down the road. Can anyone give me some insight. Thank ya. Itll be used to trail ride, some mud and used for hunting.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi all, I am looking to purchase my first Honda sxs. I've decided on a 1000-5 model, but can't decide between the deluxe or the LE model. The biggest hang up for me is the idrive system. I like the fact that the deluxe has a diff locker, but the LE doesn't because of the idrive. Can someone tell me how they compare in the real world. Just seems like something else to mess up later down the road. Can anyone give me some insight. Thank ya. Itll be used to trail ride, some mud and used for hunting.
If your not into absolute hard core rock climbing and don't want to add shocks and skids, l.e. would be great. If you like to mod things yourself deluxe. Deluxe needs skid plates, heavier duty tires and shocks.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You answered your on question more to tare up I have the deluxe 3P and I use the paddle shifters most of the time that way I have control of what gear I am in plus the LE model costs a lot more you can use the money you save on the deluxe model and do a lot of upgrades on it

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Read my post through whole thread, covers 2500 miles with I-4WD and compared it to my P1K5D from 2016. Still have both.

P1000 - 2018 P1K5LE / I4WD Review

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
s*** let's not start another LE pissing match. Lock this this thread and point him toward the hundreds of posts on this topic.
@Hondasxs @JACKAL

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
s*** let's not start another LE pissing match. Lock this this thread and point him toward the hundreds of posts on this topic.
@Hondasxs @JACKAL

I already did point him to the other thread.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hondasxs @JACKAL

If your not a handy guy then an l.e. is the way to go. Do you agree?

Rangejunkie

Rangejunkie

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2019
Jackson, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I appreciate the input everyone. I did look for some threads, but was wanting real world experience using both systems. I'm more of a function over form.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I appreciate the input everyone. I did look for some threads, but was wanting real world experience using both systems. I'm more of a function over form.
I wasnt trying to be rude. It's just that this topic has been beat to death several times, and it tends to turn into a pissing match every time. A lot of guys refuse to accept or even acknowledge how good of a machine the LE is. Jackal has a good write up and there are several more.

There are two kinds of pioneer owners. Those that have driven an LE and love it, and those that have never driven one.

I've had both machines and have been extremely happy with my LE. I was EXTREMELY skeptical of the LE before I bought one. However, I'm very glad I did. I couldn't be happier. I've written about it several times on here. Im very much a function over form guy. I do believe the LE performs better than my previous pioneer 1000. Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Last edited:
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If your not a handy guy then an l.e. is the way to go. Do you agree?
No I dont agree. I think being handy has nothing to do with it. But I would agree that if you're not handy then HONDA is the way to go.

I think your statement discounts how great of a machine non LE's are, such as yours, and gives the wrong impression of the true benefits of the I4WD.

They are both great machines. Just different.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No I dont agree. I think being handy has nothing to do with it. But I would agree that if you're not handy then HONDA is the way to go.

I think your statement discounts how great of a machine non LE's are, such as yours, and gives the wrong impression of the true benefits of the I4WD.

They are both great machines. Just different.

Next weekend we can really put them head to head and see if theres a difference..

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Next weekend we can really put them head to head and see if theres a difference..
Better get your truck tires on I dont wanna hear you b****ing that I had the upper hand.

Reactions: Plumber32

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!