P1000 Did KFI change the design of their Pioneer 1000 winch mount???

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I was looking at my winch mounted on the KFI #101285 not happy with the way it looks thinking I am going to have to do something different and noticed that KFI looks like they have a different designed mount now #101885 ???? Has anyone seen or used this is it better ?????? Thanks

Reactions: Isaiah
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Looks much better than the original design. My only concern would be if they are relying on the bumper bash plate for strength, which it looks like they are, and it getting bent:

Screenshot 20200718 061413

Reactions: farmtimpioneer
W

wayne foote

Mar 11, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just installed a SuperATV Black Ops 4500Lb winch on my new 1000-5LE using the new KFI mount. Installation was easy. After pulling the bumper the winch mount used 4 existing bolts in the frame. Just removed 4 bolts and reinstalled the bolts with the mount. The winch then mounts upside down on the mount with 4 bolts. Attached the power cables the the winch, reinstalled the bumper and done except for wiring under the hood. I still need to mount the switch to the dash. Very happy with the KFI mount. It seems very robust and attaches to the frame in a great location. The cable pull is basically straight - very slight upward pitch (maybe 5 degrees) with a full winch spool. I don't know how the KFI mount compares with other options since I have tried others.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!