P700 Differential lock

Mudzillah

Mudzillah

Dec 28, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello,

I have a 2019 Honda 700-4 and after a trail ride I noticed when I activate the 4wheel diff lock, the light periodically flashes... Almost like the differential is locking and unlocking... Wondering if this is normal or do I need to take it to dealer for warranty repair. Any info is much appreciated

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
check your front diff to make sure there isnt anything hanging lever up. if nothing there ,then probably linkage is off a little bit

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Backwoods
Mudzillah

Mudzillah

Dec 28, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
check your front diff to make sure there isnt anything hanging lever up. if nothing there ,then probably linkage is off a little bit

I thought the diff lock was only for the rear differential?

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
no rear diff is always locked as its a full spool set up. the 1000s and big reds are the only ones with 1 wheel drive capability. on your front diff on the passengers side there is a lever coming out with springed cable attached to it. ill grab a pic in a minute when i get home

Reactions: Backwoods
Mudzillah

Mudzillah

Dec 28, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
no rear diff is always locked as its a full spool set up. the 1000s and big reds are the only ones with 1 wheel drive capability. on your front diff on the passengers side there is a lever coming out with springed cable attached to it. ill grab a pic in a minute when i get home
Gotcha, I noticed when I was spinning the right front wasn't pulling so guess it's not locking... Thank you and I must have to adjust something...

Mudzillah

Mudzillah

Dec 28, 2019
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Gotcha, I noticed when I was spinning the right front wasn't pulling so guess it's not locking... Thank you and I must have to adjust something...

I adjusted it this afternoon and everything working fine.. thanks again!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!