CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I learned with my first dirt bike that keeping an off road vehicle clean was an exercise in futility, I ain't got time fo dat sheet. If it's warm enough to wash it's warm enough to ride. 15 minutes with the hose to get the worst off is all it can hope for. I'm lucky in that there's very little mud out here, mostly just dust and the hose is good enough for me.

I met another identical Talon at Quartzsite a month ago and it was spotless, showroom fresh with 2000 miles. Made me wish I could summon up the energy to keep mine like that but it's never gonna happen.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Literally just did mine yesterday so she's clean for the work I'm about to do on her. She looks purdy today!

Pressure washer, a good auto soap, and good mitt/rags/brushes.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I don’t know how you guys keep your rig so clean. Mine has three years of mud everywhere. I’ve tried pressure washing with soap and scrubbing and it’s still dirty.
If they're too clean then that means you're not having with it 😂......keep the important stuff clean and operational and let it rip 👍

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I don’t know how you guys keep your rig so clean. Mine has three years of mud everywhere. I’ve tried pressure washing with soap and scrubbing and it’s still dirty.
You know......Pics Or It Didn't Happen!

A pump sprayer with heavy duty degreaser, spray it liberally and let er soak! Then pressure wash it. Then car soap it with a foam gun or sponge and repeat. When done do what @trigger said then she'll look fresh out of the streets of Detroit

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine is only clean while it's wet. Even after it dries it still has mud after washing. For what I use the machine for there is no sense wasting time to keep it clean. I hose it out to keep track of any fluid leaks, keep vents clear, and engine components away from mud caking to help with heat dissipation. The only time my rig was truly clean was when I first bought it and when I had it professionally cleaned for my brother's prom.

R

RoundMtn

May 6, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You know......Pics Or It Didn't Happen!

A pump sprayer with heavy duty degreaser, spray it liberally and let er soak! Then pressure wash it. Then car soap it with a foam gun or sponge and repeat. When done do what @trigger said then she'll look fresh out of the streets of Detroit
Pictures

735A54A9 0B25 4BE2 8CA7 F50059219FFD

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm just getting ready to clean mine here shortly. Hasn't been cleaned since last fall and it was useddaily all winter in mud and cow patties. It takes all day if not a day and half to clean one right, or more. I may need to spray a little black paint on the frame here and there because that good Japanesse steel rust so easy. But wanting to how to get it clean, well, apply chemical warfare and a lot of elbow grease. Oh, and then some of that shinney stuff all over. I hate faded plastic.

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm just getting ready to clean mine here shortly. Hasn't been cleaned since last fall and it was used daily all winter in mud and cow patties. It takes all day if not a day and half to clean one right, or more. I may need to spray a little black paint on the frame here and there because that good Japanesse steel rust so easy. But wanting to know how to get it clean, well, apply chemical warfare and a lot of elbow grease. Oh, and then some of that shinney stuff all over. I hate faded plastic.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't keep mine spotless by any means because I use it. But when I do go to clean it. I park in in the shade, wash the big chunks of mud / cow paddies off, then with a pump up sprayer I spray real OXY clean on it and repeat 3 rounds never letting it dry, pressure wash and done except for final touch ups. Then SC 1 for the finish. Happens twice a year.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
for me it’s a bucket, soap and sponge - don’t even own a pressure washer
Ha, I did that for the first two washes after I got my P1000, then I was like "this really sucks. I need a pressure washer."

Got one of those 1700 psi electric units and never looked back. And like many here, I quickly got over really "cleaning" it. I spray off the mud and take her back out to get dirty again.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!