P700 DIY heat mat

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
So today I decided to make a hat out of rubber roofing. Seams to work well and the cab noise also seems lower. The seat holds it in place. If I need access under the seat just roll it back. Very easy. I doubled the sheeting. Took seat belts out as I will be putting in safety type harnesses

20220312 153926 20220312 153959

Last edited:
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
So today I decided to make a hat out of rubber roofing. Seams to work well and the cab noise also seems lower. The seat holds it in place. If I need access under the seat just roll it back. Very easy. I doubled the sheeting. Took seat belts out as I will be putting in safety type harnesses

View attachment 324111 View attachment 324112

That works. I can tell a big a difference when I run without my heat shield and when I run with it.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

View attachment 324111 View attachment 324112
Looks good. But we have a vender that already makes them at a cheeper price to to forum members if didnt know?

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks good. But we have a vender that already makes them at a cheeper price to to forum members if didnt know?
Didn't know. Its cost me $50 and my time with enough to make another probably. Hope he does well. It would be worth it not to have to mess with it

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Didn't know. Its cost me $50 and my time with enough to make another probably. Hope he does well. It would be worth it not to have to mess with it
No worries. Just trying to help a brother out and spread the word. ;)
@trigger

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
wish I would have known . I am all about supporting people helping us out
Your good man! What u did looks great. You Got @trigger approval. Thats fantastic. If u get another machine, look him up. We will never give u chit for trying something yourself. ;)

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
You sell heat shields? Is there a link I can use to get a look?

I bought one with @trigger advice . Shipped quick and material is heavy duty. Will be better than my DIY version for sure. Will probably be warm enough for me to get it installed tomorrow. Well unless the blackjack table calls my name too much, then I'll be another week or so before install 🤣

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!