P1000 DIY Vinyl Enclosure

J

Jhogestyn

Supporting Member
Nov 16, 2020
Williamson NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cheap. Hobby Lobby 20 gauge clear vinyl - 40% off coupon - 5 yards - $35. Clamped it in place on top rail and cut slots for mirror, windshield clips, handle and latch. Anchored to front with slots around windshield and pressure from windshield. Wrapped the top around roll bar and used net bolts to anchor top. Back is held on with push pins in factory holes and tucked under the seat, wrapped top around roll bar and anchored to roof clamps (cut holes in vinyl and ran bolt through). Couple zip ties in misc areas and done. This is no way factory finished, but it is cheap and it works. Can open doors from outside or inside as the vinyl wraps around and drapes on inside of doors. It doesn't look too bad, but who cares in the winter when you are bundled up looking like a fool anyways. Inside gets WARM. Heat comes up from behind seat. I would say it gets about 50 degrees in the cab when its 25-30 outside. Figured its going to get beat up in the trails, so paying $400-$600 for one that is factory made would hurt when you scratch it on a limb. A good idea for all the cold weather riders that are sick of getting blasted with blowing snow and cold air.

Windshield is homemade as well with a piece of 1/4" plexi, routed and heated to bend and cut around contour of front. Roof is homemade with a piece of ACM composite panel, routed and bent and painted gloss black. I work for a glazing company so i have access to this stuff. Works for now.

IMG 3615 IMG 3616 IMG 3617 IMG 3618 IMG 3619 IMG 3620

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!