BOX1

P1000 DNR Registration Plate location?

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda didn't provide a good location for the registration decals or registration I.D. plates. I decided to put my decals on the forward part of the front doors, but I'm sure having a problem trying in affix my 7 1/2" X 4" registration I.D. plate to the rear of the 2018 Pioneer 1000 M3. I thought I had a good spot, but the tilt bed would have smashed it. Now I'm looking to attach the plate outside the muffler cover, but that will require me to make a bracket. Of course I'm attempting to avoid drilling holes in the machine, but this may be inevitable. One member said he burnt his plate and melted the muffler guard doing this.

Some Pioneers have a flat space on the tailgate, but the 2018 M3 does not have a good mounting space at all.

Suggestions? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady01
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Honda didn't provide a good location for the registration decals or registration I.D. plates. I decided to put my decals on the forward part of the front doors, but I'm sure having a problem trying in affix my 7 1/2" X 4" registration I.D. plate to the rear of the Pioneer 1000. I thought I had a good spot, but the tilt bed would have smashed it. Now I'm looking to attach the plate outside the muffler cover, but that will require me to make a bracket. Of course I'm attempting to avoid drilling holes in the machine, but this may be inevitable.

Suggestions? Thanks
Everyone here has a Holy machine but you, HA! Some times you got do what you gotta do. I don't like to drill or cut holes either.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Everyone here has a Holy machine but you, HA! Some times you got do what you gotta do. I don't like to drill or cut holes either.
Ya mean that I have to violate my brand new machine? I'll figure out a way to mount the plate without drilling if I have to make a 5 foot long bracket. LOL Unfortunately it is below zero out in my garage right now or I'd be out there messing with it. I have about 3 miles on the machine, and I putzed with it for many hours. Next is to make holes in the bed mat so the tie down hooks can be accessed. Not exactly complex stuff, but I'm trying to be too much of a perfectionist for sure My first scratch will be a dramatic event. I can't wait for the weather to become warm enough to go out on a nice trail ride..

Sweetroll

Sweetroll

Oct 12, 2016
Boise, ID
www.mh-solutions.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Put ours right in the middle of the tailgate. There’s a nice blank space there and it looks good, but ya holes in the tailgate now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Put ours right in the middle of the tailgate. There’s a nice blank space there and it looks good, but ya holes in the tailgate now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you mean over the "HONDA" embossed area? That's the only near flat area I see that would work on the tailgate. (Holes - yikes!)

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda didn't provide a good location for the registration decals or registration I.D. plates. I decided to put my decals on the forward part of the front doors, but I'm sure having a problem trying in affix my 7 1/2" X 4" registration I.D. plate to the rear of the Pioneer 1000. I thought I had a good spot, but the tilt bed would have smashed it. Now I'm looking to attach the plate outside the muffler cover, but that will require me to make a bracket. Of course I'm attempting to avoid drilling holes in the machine, but this may be inevitable.

Suggestions? Thanks

My WI plate melted on my first ride with the plate. I also melted the muffler cover to the muffler so I just replaced it with and aluminum guard and plate mount

IMG 20170930 111404529 HDR

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Ya mean that I have to violate my brand new machine? I'll figure out a way to mount the plate without drilling if I have to make a 5 foot long bracket. LOL Unfortunately it is below zero out in my garage right now or I'd be out there messing with it. I have about 3 miles on the machine, and I putzed with it for many hours. Next is to make holes in the bed mat so the tie down hooks can be accessed. Not exactly complex stuff, but I'm trying to be too much of a perfectionist for sure My first scratch will be a dramatic event. I can't wait for the weather to become warm enough to go out on a nice trail ride..
If you ride trails that you are going to need a skid plate on, installing skid plates is the best way to violate your machine. I'm running Trail Armor and have served well. If you think you will be adding arched A arms, skip the A arm protectors.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My WI plate melted on my first ride with the plate. I also melted the muffler cover to the muffler so I just replaced it with and aluminum guard and plate mount

View attachment 61784
Reply to ToddAClimer.... I wondered (worried) about that. I was going to use a home made bracket to get the plate off of the muffler cover by about 1 1/2 to 2 inches, but I'm not sure that wouldn't still create a heat problem.

Yours came out good. Where did you get the aluminum cover to replace the one that melted? Nice job.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just affix it like so below, carefully drill the proper size holes (5MM) and use the black Honda push pins to hold it in place.

P1K License Example

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reply to ToddAClimer.... I wondered (worried) about that. I was going to use a home made bracket to get the plate off of the muffler cover by about 1 1/2 to 2 inches, but I'm not sure that wouldn't still create a heat problem.

Yours came out good. Where did you get the aluminum cover to replace the one that melted? Nice job.

This is the part I ordered

Holder License, Eyourlife front license plate bracket license plate mounting bracket Holder For Off-Road Lights, LED Work Lamps, LED Lighting Bars, (Black, UNIVERSAL Fit) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DVYWC4S?tag=sxsweb24-20

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Suggestions? Thanks
I used self tappers and got one of those metal plates off ebay screwed it right to muffler gaurd, switched mufflers and screwed it to tailgate.

Reactions: toddvdh and Lady01
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used self tappers and got one of those metal plates off ebay screwed it right to muffler gaurd, switched mufflers and screwed it to tailgate.
I can't picture what you mean about, "switched mufflers and screwed it to tailgate."

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!