DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Tried the Irish spring in my shed. Even put a few chunks in the floorboard and seat of my 500. I came back a few hours later and there were a few fresh turds next to one. Almost like they were attracted to it.

Also tried drier sheets in a Neon I had. They made a nest with them.

The poison seems to be the only thing that really works, but there are too many dogs running around our property. It's not so much them eating the poison, as it is them eating the dead mice. Recently, one of the largest mountain lions ever recorded was found dead. Necropsy showed poisoning from second and third-hand ingestion of mouse/rat poison.

Last edited:
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For our RV, we totally empty it.

We remove all food, open all drawers and store the utensils, plates cups etc in a tote in our garage. Do the same with all linens and bathroom items.

Once that’s done we vacuum everything including drawers, cabinets, everything!

finally the RV has the lines blown out, filled with RV antifreeze.

Prior to closing up the RV for the winter, I’ll take 1-2 boxes of bounce dryer sheets and completely blanket the floors, drawers, cabinets, etc.

I also park the RV over the winter in a completely open gravel lot for the winter.

Never a problem with mice, and easy to get ready for the next year.

Reactions: Chooglin
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We remove all food, open all drawers and store the utensils, plates cups etc in a tote in our garage. Do the same with all linens and bathroom items.
I do the same, though the totes remain in the RV, all up in the loft bunk.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Mice suck! I’d like to declare a Holocaust on them! I have issues with them at my cabin. Not the RV. I’ve tried all of the above with no avail just temporary deterrent. I have a plug in device at my cabin that I’ve put in to areas that’s suppose to send a sonic sound though the electrical wires in side the walls. It’s seemed to help keep them away, not a 100% but a very noticeable amount. I use TomCat/Decon but in my well/WH cellar pit where I think there mostly at. That also keeps that chit away from my dogs. I won’t put it upstairs. Wish I could set up mini trip wire all over and ambush the bastards! Hahahaha

Outfitter

Outfitter

Dec 3, 2016
DFW
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think we have tried everything at our deer camp to get rid/stop mice from getting in and destroying things.
Glue traps, poison baits, dryer sheets, peppermint oil on cotton balls, coyote urine etc etc etc.
Below is one solution currently in use that keeps on eliminating them for longer periods of time in the summer when we are not there as much.
5 gallon paint bucket with a spinner you can buy on Amazon. A couple wood ramps and a bit of peanut butter on the spinner and ramps and bingo, a perpetual trap!

0476EBEB C46A 42B8 9B37 37F1E6B79E6A

HondaLo

HondaLo

Formerly Angelo
Lifetime Member
Apr 23, 2019
Harrison michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I live in the country and once left the oil I changed outta my pioneer in the catch basin next to the shed. About 5 mice tried to swim or something but failed. Something attracts em to used oil and they cant get away.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
Did they tear up the filter?

No, just packed it full of acorns... I put a packet of fresh cab in the air box of the atv’s lawn tractor, inside and under my truck and my car I store for winter and put down little bricks of tomcat, I’ll keep an eye and see if any gets eaten, I normally don’t have a problem with mice but every now and than...

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
First, make sure you close the air/heat vents so you aren't giving them access through the front door.

Second, I have not had any mouse droppings in garage or rv in last r4 or 5 years using this.
Upload 2019 11 10 16 30 39

I spray the fender wells, tire covers (felt side) and any electrical cords or exhaust lines that they might climb on.

Can't say it is 100% but worked well for me ever since I found them chewing on the fuel injector wires on the car and packed dog food inside the hood of the car through the small weep holes.

Reactions: Badblubug
Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
First, make sure you close the air/heat vents so you aren't giving them access through the front door.

Second, I have not had any mouse droppings in garage or rv in last r4 or 5 years using this.
View attachment 165285

I spray the fender wells, tire covers (felt side) and any electrical cords or exhaust lines that they might climb on.

Can't say it is 100% but worked well for me ever since I found them chewing on the fuel injector wires on the car and packed dog food inside the hood of the car through the small weep holes.

I’ll look into that, those packets I put around have that scent

A

ArJay

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2019
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've been using my own mix of peppermint essential oil in a quart spray bottle. Probably about a tablespoon per though I go mostly by smell. Seems to work but with rodents you just never know, it works till it doesn't.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!