P1000 Do you carry a spare tire?

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Question for the guys running 28-30" tires 8ply or more. Do you carry a spare and have you ever killed an 8 ply or more tire?

Trying to plan a mount on a 5 seater is driving me nuts on the best way to do it.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven't had any damage to my Evos yet, the factory 4ply had a few pinch flats and I patched them.
Dual beadlocks let me carry an inner tube and a patch kit. I used to carry a full on spare but no reason to now

Reactions: Ragnar406 and sharp
Leonandlisa

Leonandlisa

Dec 14, 2016
Las Vegas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just put on 8 ply tires, but I still plan on having my spare with me just in case. We hunt in isolated areas that are 50 or more miles away from the truck, that is too far to walk for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
Just replaced my stock tires with 8 ply EVO,s all of the stock tires had at least 1 hole in there sidewall with several plugs in each one. Carry a hand full of plugs and a compressor and you will be fine.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Question for the guys running 28-30" tires 8ply or more. Do you carry a spare and have you ever killed an 8 ply or more tire?

Trying to plan a mount on a 5 seater is driving me nuts on the best way to do it.
I will carry a spare at the truck if I am going on rides that are out of town. I do carry air pump and plugs and so far been able to fix the few pinch flats I have had.. Since moving to beadlocks I carry a tube so if I am not able to plug the tire or if something happens to the rim I can install a tube to get me back.

Seems I use my plugs and air compressor more for people still running the stock bighorns.

D

DDDonkey

I will carry a spare at the truck if I am going on rides that are out of town. I do carry air pump and plugs and so far been able to fix the few pinch flats I have had.. Since moving to beadlocks I carry a tube so if I am not able to plug the tire or if something happens to the rim I can install a tube to get me back.

Seems I use my plugs and air compressor more for people still running the stock bighorns.

I leave my spare at the truck also, just carry a patch kit and compressor with me.

Reactions: Ragnar406
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

11,000 miles on four different SXS’s over ten years and no flats. Never even pulled the plugs or compressor out of my kit. So I’ve never felt compelled to carry a spare, but I am planning some future cross country treks so I’m working on getting a spare and a simple mount.

Reactions: dnjones161
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

The stock smaller front tire and wheel is more compact and lighter to carry than a matching 28-30 setup. In almost all cases i've saw, plugs/air is all that's needed with good tires unless your riding by yourself in a remote location.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!