P700 Dobeck AFR+ Gen 4 install

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello all, so here is my write up on the install of my chip on my 2015 pioneer 700-4.
IT starts off by removing the plastic under the seat, only the drivers side was required. Love those Philips screws that start to strip the head as you remove them. Here is the view with that off.
There are 2 nuts where the pipe attaches to the head. The nuts come off, but the studs seem to have bent slightly when assembling, so I threaded one stud out to make removal easier.
Next the slip on section has 2 bolts to loosen.
After that I slipped it out. I used a stepped bit and cut the hole in the shield, 1 1/4" and then 7/8 for the bung to weld on. The factory oxygen sensor bung was too small. I welded it with no real issues.
I placed the chip where the factory battery was. They provide velcro with sticky backs, so it was no issue making it stay.
The wiring I routed between the front seat frame and plastic wrapped in heat tape to protect it. I know this looks odd, but I have my skid plate and second battery installed, and this wiring want with the battery cables.
Next I installed the injector wiring. That I routed with the fuel line. this picture is bad but you will get the idea. It just has 2 connectors, one that goes to the injector and one that Honda's connector went into.
I then disconnected the factory oxygen sensor and installed the bypass. It's located behind the coil pack.
After that, the gauge. This requires a 2" hole. I decided I was not going to use the RAM mount so I cut the hole in the plate.
After that, it was time to enjoy. I don't like the factory settings, but I did notice a difference straight away. I don't have any times to post but this past weekend, I still had a pedal left when climbing. When I get it tweaked I will post the settings.
Thanks for reading.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Do feel like the difference was enough to notice for 400 dollars

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
By the time I got mine it was 600, but then canadian's get screwed at the border and with exchange. So for 600, was it worth it, yes. The increase in power was noticeable.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Yeah shipping is a joke what size tire you running what kind

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Currently stock tires, but thats only because I have no idea what I want to run next. Considering a 27", The commander shocks gave it the height of a 3" lift and with the areas I ride, I don't really want to throw any bigger than that.

Reactions: swsebek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!