P1000 Does anyone have instructions for adjusting toe

Wisco pioneer

Wisco pioneer

Apr 1, 2022
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Top of tire in turn tierod clockwise?? That seem correct?

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With the stock A-arms and tie rods, there is no camber adjustment, such as "top of the tire in". With stock parts, the tie rods can adjust Toe In and Toe Out. So as you drive down the road, you can adjust where your tires are pointing, straight down the road, a little outward, or a little inward. Making the tie rod longer will Toe In / \. Making the tie rod shorter will Toe out \ /.

There are many tips, tricks and advice on this forum so take what you want from what you find and learn how to adjust them. It is super easy. I personally used the string method. I parked the Pioneer on my garage floor as straight as the steering wheel looked in my eye.

Then I tie a kite string on my rear trailer hitch then went around all 4 tires back to the hitch and pulled it tightly, then tied it.

I made sure the string went across the CENTER of each tire and the string sat on top of all the sidewall lugs so they were the same on each tire, not between the lugs. Now, the string from the back tire should go forward to the front of the front tire in a straight line. Look at the rear lug, of the front tire.

Does the string touch that lug tightly or is there a space?

- If there is a space, adjust the toe in (lengthen tie rod) to close the space just so the string is a hair off the tire lug like the others.
- If there is no space and the string is tight against the tire lug, adjust toe out (shorten tie rod) to get the string just a hair away from the tire lug.

I watched a video on Youtube where this looked like something that made sense to me and I had what I needed to do it. I took their advice and when I parked the Pioneer I put a few sheets of magazine pages under the tire which made the pivot smoother rather than rubber on concrete.

Having your stock tie rods adjusted properly can save you a lot of tire wear and make the front tires last much longer and wear evenly. Mine were out, as most are. Rotating them from side to side on a regular schedule will also benefit the wear of the tires.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!