BOX1

P500 Does anyone have the EMP Laminated Glass Windshield WITH the Honda OEM fabric roof/rear panel?

TJ_from_NEPA

TJ_from_NEPA

Apr 5, 2017
Ownership

1. 500
I'm buying the EMP Laminated Glass Windshield and need a roof and back panel. I would like to get the Honda 0SR85-HL5-200 Pioneer 500 Black Fabric Roof/Rear Panel so I can unzip the back panel for airflow. I haven't seen another fabric panel that opens. Does anyone here have that combination? I would also consider the EMP hard poly roof and fabric back but it doesn't look like they can both fit as the EMP roof might extend down too far in the rear. Any thoughts? Thanks.
F143840554
51isVQ9I4L AC SL1126

Last edited:
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Unless I missed somthing, Honda dose make a back panel only accessory.
Window unzips.
Probably easyer to mix and match.
I have the soft roof / back panel that I addapted to a SuperATV flip up windshield.
It works ok but the front is not as tight as I would like.

Screenshot 20201228 164611

TJ_from_NEPA

TJ_from_NEPA

Apr 5, 2017
Ownership

1. 500
Unless I missed somthing, Honda dose make a back panel only accessory.
Window unzips.
Probably easyer to mix and match.
I have the soft roof / back panel that I addapted to a SuperATV flip up windshield.
It works ok but the front is not as tight as I would like.

View attachment 243677
That was one of my concerns, the looseness of the soft top where it meets the windshield. I could picture it flapping in the wind I guess. Maybe I should consider a hard top with the Honda back panel only? I emailed EMP if their poly roof fits with the Honda back panel but they have no idea they said. I'm trying to avoid buying the Honda hard top. Just too expensive.

TJ_from_NEPA

TJ_from_NEPA

Apr 5, 2017
Ownership

1. 500
I have the Honda back panel. If there is space to thread the straps around the ROPS, should work.

I ordered the EMP poly roof yesterday instead of the Honda fabric top. I'm hoping the Honda back panel fits underneath the rear overhang. It'll be close.

Last edited:
TJ_from_NEPA

TJ_from_NEPA

Apr 5, 2017
Ownership

1. 500
I have the EMP poly top and tusk soft rear panel and it works fine.

Thanks for the info. I definitely like the price of the Tusk, but the lack of a window might be enough for me to go Honda. Maybe it's possible to cut a window and add some velcro closure or something. I wonder if anyone ever tried that. 🤔

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
I ordered the EMP poly roof yesterday. I'm hoping the Honda back panel fits underneath the rear overhang. It'll be close.
Worst case put the rear panel on, then roof. Let us know how it works. Honda zipper window works well.

Reactions: J80
TJ_from_NEPA

TJ_from_NEPA

Apr 5, 2017
Ownership

1. 500
Quick followup to my previous post... I finally installed the EMP windshield and EMP poly roof yesterday, of course not without some issues. The original windshield I received had the glass installed backwards. The DOT-approved etching was in my line of sight instead of on the passenger side. Called them and they quickly had a new one shipped next day. Excellent customer service and a person answers the phone. That is very important to me. Also, EMP accidentally gave me 2 extra bolts instead of 2 nylon nuts so had to run down to the hardware store for more nuts. PS these don't come with instructions. You have to google photos and watch YouTube videos to see how the brackets go on. All in all, I'm happy with the finished product so far and will order from EMP again. Price and quality are just right.

Anyway, I wanted to get the windshield and roof on first and see it in person before I ultimately decide on a back panel. I will follow-up again after I install a back panel. Knowing that the EMP back panel will definitely fit my EMP roof, I may just go with that over the Honda panel with window. :)

Reactions: cory b and Mudwing
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
need pics...

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!