Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a Jack Russel named Merlin. First Christmas, he found his Christmas present under the tree in the very back and opened it while the wife and I where at work. I got home and scolded him for it. Now he moves his presents from the back to the front of the tree and doesn't open them until I hand them to him to open, smart little poop!

C

Chooglin

We just got a Mini Australian Shepherd, she's 12 weeks old. I had forgotten how active a puppy is , she go's non-stop. This has to be the smartest , fast learning dog I have ever had.

She will be doing alot of camping and riding with us , so hope she likes Pioneer 500's :)

Screenshot 2019 01 03 08 02 28

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
We just got a Mini Australian Shepherd, she's 12 weeks old. I had forgotten how active a puppy is , she go's non-stop. This has to be the smartest , fast learning dog I have ever had.
She will be doing alot of camping and riding with us , so hope she likes Pioneer 500's :) View attachment 103117

Here is our 6 year old mini Australian Shephard, and she loves to ride.
Rosie

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
My aunt had a blue heeler. One Christmas i got him a chew toy or bone...can't remember. I put it in his downstairs bed used during the day, which is where he found it Christmas morning.
Normally, when he got up, he made a beeline for the door 1st thing to piss and poop, but my aunt said that for 2 weeks after Xmas, he would 1st go to his bed and look all around it to check to see if santa had brought him another toy.

One more:
My wife adopted a black lab from a south Phoenix shelter. For those of you who don't habla, south Phoenix is really North Mexico. This dog was super excitable to the point where it was difficult to take her in a vehicle.
One day we were going to Lake Pleasant for a little walk with her, and she was doing her usual hyper pace and grunt excitement...when i happened to let the radio stop on one of the Mariachi stations. She immediately calmed down, sat down, and made not a noise for the remainder of the trip. Then we realized we had adopted a Mexican, and she just didn't understand what we were saying since it was in english.

Descansa en paz amigo mío.

Hike in the wash LP
Takota LP

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

She will be doing alot of camping and riding with us , so hope she likes Pioneer 500's :)

View attachment 103117
She will!

Reactions: TimG and Chooglin
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My aunt had a blue heeler. One Christmas i got him a chew toy or bone...can't remember. I put it in his downstairs bed used during the day, which is where he found it Christmas morning.
Normally, when he got up, he made a beeline for the door 1st thing to piss and poop, but my aunt said that for 2 weeks after Xmas, he would 1st go to his bed and look all around it to check to see if santa had brought him another toy.

One more:
My wife adopted a black lab from a south Phoenix shelter. For those of you who don't habla, south Phoenix is really North Mexico. This dog was super excitable to the point where it was difficult to take her in a vehicle.
One day we were going to Lake Pleasant for a little walk with her, and she was doing her usual hyper pace and grunt excitement...when i happened to let the radio stop on one of the Mariachi stations. She immediately calmed down, sat down, and made not a noise for the remainder of the trip. Then we realized we had adopted a Mexican, and she just didn't understand what we were saying since it was in english.

Descansa en paz amigo mío.

View attachment 103141 View attachment 103143
That's a great story!

Reactions: TimG and DG Rider
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's good to hear , I am anxious to get her in the passenger seat and see how she likes it !
You even look in the direction of your S x S, even if in a garage with the doors shut, she will beat you to the shop!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a Jack Russel named Merlin. First Christmas, he found his Christmas present under the tree in the very back and opened it while the wife and I where at work. I got home and scolded him for it. Now he moves his presents from the back to the front of the tree and doesn't open them until I hand them to him to open, smart little poop!
My Mother asked me what I wanted for Christmas six, seven years ago, I replied a Jack Russel pup and she found a guy that had a four week old litter, we went to pick out one and the guy was vacuuming the carpet when we got there, thought the guy was just a neat freak, but after a few weeks, I knew why he was vacuuming, Jack Russell's shed like crazy, my wife vacuums almost every day and never complains, she's as crazy about Merlin as I am. And who ever the experts are that say pups can't see a TV screen are full of crap, Merlin has tried to kill lions, zebra, gators, anything animal wise on the TV.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Years ago, had a 10 lb Jack Russel, neighbor kids alerted me she was being attacked by a “hawk”. Turned out it was a Golden Eagle that escaped from a nearby bird care facility. I got them separated using a tree brach, dog had puntured lung and injuries from talons, almost put her down but she survived. Neighbor contacted the bird facility and some lady came out and threatened me with fines for hitting a protected bird (that really ticked me off). I met their Director, told them I would report they were negligent with their enclosure and permit requirements and gave him the $500 vet bill, (he paid). Their group caught the eagle on my property using dead squirrel bait and took it to Univ. TN Vet where the bird later died from infection on its legs where the Jack Russel fought back. That golden eagle was from Colorado and was being rehabilitated for prior wing injury, otherwise they said it could have flown off with the dog. One big bird, one tenacious Jack Russel. She would dig holes all over the yard, guess looking for bugs. RIP Sophie. She looked alot this this one.

Just could not stand by and watch my dog get attacked.

43F0F051 B58A 4BA8 9797 3D559A60B8F9

Last edited:
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
That was a great on the edge of your seat story @Smitty335 ,can't wait for the next one.

Reactions: Mudwing
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Years ago, had a 10 lb Jack Russel, neighbor kids alerted me she was being attacked by a “hawk”. Turned out it was a Golden Eagle that escaped from a nearby bird care facility. I got them separated using a tree brach, dog had puntured lung and injuries from talons, almost put her down but she survived. Neighbor contacted the bird facility and some lady came out and threatened me with fines for hitting a protected bird (that really ticked me off). I met their Director, told them I would report they were negligent with their enclosure and permit requirements and gave him the $500 vet bill, (he paid). Their group caught the eagle and took it to Univ. TN Vet where the bird later died from infection on its legs where the Jack Russel fought back. That golden eagle was from Colorado and was being rehabilitated for prior wing injury, otherwise they said it could have flown off with the dog. One big bird, one tenacious Jack Russel. She would dig holes all over the yard, guess looking for bugs. RIP Sophie.
We have Eagles show up now and then, we watch our small pups when there around.

Tim-1000 XT-R

Tim-1000 XT-R

Nov 2, 2018
Oakdale, MN
Never had a dog let alone a pup. But I retired and figured I have a lot of free time so I got my self a purebred chocolate lab pup. She is awesome and learns very fast. I can't even sit in the sxs without her going nuts. When I open the door she jumps in and sits in my seat util I get in and she automatically moves over to let me sit down. Then she sits next to me and leans into me when things get a little rough. I won't go anywhere without her. She is just about 6 months old.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!