BOX1

Talon Dogs in SxS?

TalonMatt

TalonMatt

Jan 9, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Talon R
Life is better SxS but.... what about your dog?

I just picked up a Talon 2 seater and wondering what you all have been doing about taking a dog along if the two seats are taken.

Thor has to go!

CC8360ED 41A9 4046 A020 7089401BC858

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Assuming s/he will be riding up front and driving modestly, i.e., not one of those which says "hey hold my beer watch this" then I would find a good high quality durable, washable seat cover so they can grip it while riding and not damage the OEM equipment.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I just picked up a Talon 2 seater and wondering what you all have been doing about taking a dog along if the two seats are taken.

Thor has to go!

View attachment 176025
I don't really take my pups with me. A decent dog harness for the automobile and tether them to the middle of the cage in the bed (or in bed anchor points) and I suspect you'd be ok.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Assuming s/he will be riding up front and driving modestly, i.e., not one of those which says "hey hold my beer watch this" then I would find a good high quality durable, washable seat cover so they can grip it while riding and not damage the OEM equipment.
Our pups can't hold my beer, pics or it didn't happen, HA, HA!

TalonMatt

TalonMatt

Jan 9, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Talon R
He will

He will not be up front. Just wondering how people haul them in that small bed. I have thought about a harness but still wondering if there’s a better way.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
A51683AB 20BA 4768 9D47 C79095921711
I don't really take my pups with me. A decent dog harness for the automobile and tether them to the middle of the cage in the bed (or in bed anchor points) and I suspect you'd be ok.
That’s how I do it. Give her about fourteen inches on the leash and it’s good. Probably not good if we roll but no hard riding with the dog. ;)

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X

Thor has to go!

View attachment 176025
TAKE THOR ! MAKE A WAGON TO TOW FOR WHOMEVER ELSE WANTS TO GO TOO ! DOGS MAKE ME HAPPY . PEOPLE , NOT SO MUCH

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's not a Talon but Max loves to ride in the bed of the Pioneer, I was looking at a Talon and thinking that Max would probably do ok in the bed of the Talon, He has a chest harness with a carabiners hook, I can hook Him in the front breast or back shoulder, I have heavy duty bungee cording attached to roll cage the bungee will give some for shock and it's length is just enough to allow Him to move some but will not let Him leave the machine bed in case of an upset,,,,,
IMG 20181008 141018469

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a Pioneer also, when we still had Gunny he and Rem would ride in the bed with a rear panel and side nets. Now with just Rem, he wants to ride up front and lay across our laps. They both are 100lb Black Labs.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
It's not a Talon but Max loves to ride in the bed of the Pioneer, I was looking at a Talon and thinking that Max would probably do ok in the bed of the Talon, He has a chest harness with a carabiners hook, I can hook Him in the front breast or back shoulder, I have heavy duty bungee cording attached to roll cage the bungee will give some for shock and it's length is just enough to allow Him to move some but will not let Him leave the machine bed in case of an upset,,,,,View attachment 176177

Golden Doodle?

TalonMatt

TalonMatt

Jan 9, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’m thinking I can make something that extends the Talon bed just a bit bigger. Then harness him in with a few points off the cage. He’s about 95lbs so lap dog is not going to happen. However, he did not get the memo that he’s not.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!