swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 3400
I remember when The 700s came out a lot of guys had latches loosening up and bolts falling out...I had a couple loosen on me early. But nothing for 2 years now today one was absent from passenger side...
IMG 3401
but lucky for me I have a few extra:D just thought I would remind all to check em.
IMG 3404

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Never had that one come loose, but i did have the ones in the upper right of the 2nd pic come loose. Took like 6K miles though.

Rinconruss

Rinconruss

Jan 10, 2018
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had that same bolt come loose on the driver's side a few weekends ago. Luckily it got stuck in the latch cover and I was able to put it back in. When I got home i pulled it out and put a little lock tight on it. Guess I should do the passenger side as well.

Last edited:
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
On bolts like these, would you use red or blue Loctite?

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 3385
I use red (515) on everything but just a shmeer in the threads. But follow the manufacturers directions. Don't ever put too much on and it goes on the latch mechanism and locks it up too.
I like the gel better.Tastes good too;)

Reactions: Mudwing and R-Lamm
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had that same bolt come loose on the driver's side a few weekends ago. Luckily it got stuck in the latch cover and I was able to put it back in. When I got home i pulled it out and put a little lock tight on it. Guess I should do the passenger side as well.
We road all weekend getting fire wood and playing and when I notice it was loose my wife and daughter said it wouldn't close rightfor them:confused:but didn't tell me:D I expected to find it laying there too.....I have lost frame caps,Seatbelt plastic covers,Side mirrors,and a couple lug nuts and got lucky and found them again.....Even lost my Oil change cover and my boy found it and threw it in creek for me to retrieve.

Reactions: R-Lamm
Rinconruss

Rinconruss

Jan 10, 2018
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I lost a part that I have have been looking everywhere for a replacement. Under the bed, on the frame just below the seat back, are 2 rubber bumpers that the bed sits on when it is closed. One of them came off. I looked at a number of OEM parts websites and even went to my local dealer. Cannot find it anywhere. I ended up cutting a chunk off of an old flip flop and zip tied it to the frame.

Reactions: Mudwing and swsebek
Rinconruss

Rinconruss

Jan 10, 2018
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2

I used red. To keep the loctite from messing with the latch, I used a tooth pick and put a small amount on the threads that the bolt goes into. If you putt the loctite on the bolt there is a chance of it getting in/on the latch and causing it to stick.

Reactions: swsebek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!