P700 DOT Approved Tires and 15" Wheels

C

ctfco1

May 29, 2023
Lake Ozark MO & Ocala, FL
Ownership

1. 700-4
Going Street Legal so going to LT Truck Tires and new thus new 15" Wheels. I like these Hostile 109's.
I measured the wheels and the 110mm for BP1is accurate. My front tires are 25 x 8 - 12 & the rear are 25 x 10 -12.
Therefore I feel I need 2 ea. H109-1580411044Z and 2 ea. H109-1510411054Z? Next is what DOT Approved Tires do I use? Tires must say DOT Approved on the Sidewalls. Any advice? Am I correct or making a mistake?

My 700-4 Deluxe is Stock with the "Street Legal" Package. This would be my first addition other than extra lighting and emergency strobes. Summer it is on pavement for the grandkids and possible FD/EMT use. Winters it switches back to Off Road for Search and Rescue in the FL Swamps.
Hostile Off Road Wheels

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Save you some greif and do the same size tire all the way around so u can rotate them. You will need spacers @RB3offroad to fix your trac tho. There are many LT tires to choose from so pick your poison .

BTW welcome from Michigan.
Dont forget to post pics of your rig or POIDH.

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree with Remington. Use the same size wheel all around and use spacers to correct width.

I am not sure what the largest tire the 700 can use. It is difficult to find a DOT tire small enough. Unless you use a very small car tire. Even then the 14" size car tires seem easier to find.

I am not experienced with the 700. Maybe someone will chime in soon who knows the 700 better.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am not sure what the largest tire the 700 can use. It is difficult to find a DOT tire small enough. Unless you use a very small car tire. Even then the 14" size car tires seem easier to find.
Looks like hes choosing 15” wheels so it will be easier. But clearence will be the issue for him in a P7 cuz of the choices he has to make. We dont know his machine if its stock, or has fox shocks lift or what? Thats why we like info on peps first post, altho others think were just being a bossy prick! 🤣 There's many reasons for it. Its like the blind leading the blind sort of speak.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like hes choosing 15” wheels so it will be easier. But clearence will be the issue for him in a P7 cuz of the choices he has to make. We dont know his machine if its stock, or has fox shocks lift or what? Thats why we like info on peps first post, altho others think were just being a bossy prick! 🤣 There's many reasons for it. Its like the blind leading the blind sort of speak.
I agree with you.
In my quick search I can't really find anything under a 27" diameter unless you went with a car tread/road pattern.

An example:
I found some LT mud terrain DOT tires as follows:

165/80/13 - 24" diameter
215/75/15 - 27.7" diameter
27-8.50x14 radial - 27" diameter

Otherwise you are very limited to availability.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I agree with you.
In my quick search I can't really find anything under a 27" diameter unless you went with a car tread/road pattern.

An example:

165/80/13 - 24" diameter

Yup. Mine are 30x10x15 other sizes looked goffy

C

ctfco1

May 29, 2023
Lake Ozark MO & Ocala, FL
Ownership

1. 700-4
Save you some greif and do the same size tire all the way around so u can rotate them. You will need spacers @RB3offroad to fix your trac tho. There are many LT tires to choose from so pick your poison .

BTW welcome from Michigan.
Dont forget to post pics of your rig or POIDH.

IMG 2370

I like Bronze Hostile's 15" because I saw them on another 700 on a FB Site. They match my 700 and I'm a bit of a Pimp.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I agree with you.

An example:

165/80/13 - 24" diameter

215x75x15 is a great choice if going this route. I know of someone with this setup on 700 and it works very well. Otherwise stock machine

Roborlilw

Roborlilw

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Tucson,Az
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I agree with Remington. Use the same size wheel all around and use spacers to correct width.

I am not experienced with the 700. Maybe someone will chime in soon who knows the 700 better.
I used 27x8.5-R14 General Grabbers on my 700-4 back in 2015

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!