P1000m5 Dragon21's build

Dragon21 submitted a new Garage Item:

Here We Go Again... 1000-5 This Time

Well, now that the 700-4 is gone and the 1000-5 is home. its time to get started on the build again. I really try to go slow and pace myself. however that doesnt always work that way. When i got it, it had roof and windshield as part of the deal.

Ordered a winch and mount, synthetic rope and fairlead for it, HL snorkel, Amazon switch plate, fuse box, 100amp disconnect.

still plan to get a honda front bumper, lightbars, and soundbar.. when money permits.

debating about dual battery setup... not sure if ill do that or not. I dont tend to use radio or lights when its not running.

View attachment 45298

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I liked the Bazooka I had, but having to use the remote was a pain, and I couldnt turn the volume up all the way without it cutting out, so I decided to sell it and go with something different.

I got a 34" Boss Soundbar. I was going to do the 27", but the 34 was only about $5 more. So far im happy with it. There were mixed reviews about it working so had to take a chance, but seems good so far.

IMG 22961
IMG 22971
IMG 22991

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well, got a WV trip coming up in November so figured it was time to stop neglecting the Pioneer. Been in the process of moving since about July so it has been ignored for too long. Got a rear panel for it and put the factory windshield top back on. Hope to cut down on dust and wind now that it’s gettinf colder. Still gotta mount my fuel pack. Replace some screws on the airbox, and switch everything over to the ridgid boxes I picked up to be more like @ohanacreek. Hoping to free up some room in the bed.

1B8E43A5 9D96 4069 A97E 187598930187
B0ACC502 E782 415B 9F68 85A94E9A3548

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well, got a WV trip coming up in November so figured it was time to stop neglecting the Pioneer. Been in the process of moving since about July so it has been ignored for too long. Got a rear panel for it and put the factory windshield top back on. Hope to cut down on dust and wind now that it’s gettinf colder. Still gotta mount my fuel pack. Replace some screws on the airbox, and switch everything over to the ridgid boxes I picked up to be more like @ohanacreek. Hoping to free up some room in the bed.

View attachment 91224 View attachment 91225
Looking good!

Reactions: BWAF and Dragon21
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I’ve always liked the black out package you have on the plastics. Everything is really looking good

J

JTW

The ridged boxes are awesome!! I love them!

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Went to see what I had available to run some wires for some whips, and gonna add a gps tracker. Happened to notice my rear diff lock cable was just hangin out not attached to anything. No idea how long it’s been like that.

6181E47B 34F7 445B 85C2 5EEC23AA57DF 7ADD486E 23C7 4F9E 860E 896339FA63A8

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Went to see what I had available to run some wires for some whips, and gonna add a gps tracker. Happened to notice my rear diff lock cable was just hangin out not attached to anything. No idea how long it’s been like that.

View attachment 92234 View attachment 92233
I have rode around in some rough country that I thought I was in 2 WD lock only to find out when we got to a road, we had riden in turf mode all dayo_O

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
my turf/2wd selector box was way out. Apparently the last time i made an adjustment the shift cable was off. Think i got it right now and everything working again.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I liked the Bazooka I had, but having to use the remote was a pain, and I couldnt turn the volume up all the way without it cutting out, so I decided to sell it and go with something different.

I got a 34" Boss Soundbar. I was going to do the 27", but the 34 was only about $5 more. So far im happy with it. There were mixed reviews about it working so had to take a chance, but seems good so far.

View attachment 77193 View attachment 77194 View attachment 77195
How is that sound bar so far? How is the bass?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How is that sound bar so far? How is the bass?
So far its been good. Im not an audiophile, just like music when cruising. Its been plenty loud and i like the controls and the built in dome light. Got used a lot last night for Halloween around the neighborhood.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Made it out to do some riding over the weekend, and working on getting my Ipad setup. This is what im trying for now.

IMG 4202
IMG 4211
IMG 4258

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I thought you were selling it?

I go back and forth. I wanted to sell it, could of used the funds and hadn't used more than 2 seats 1-2 times. But since we moved its been getting more use with the 5 of us. Go so back and forth, its not what I want for the riding I do, but it does do fine for the riding. At this moment im keeping it unless i get an offer i cant refuse. This summer ill see if that changes. Some temping options out there for sure, but none will fit the family

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I go back and forth. I wanted to sell it, could of used the funds and hadn't used more than 2 seats 1-2 times. But since we moved its been getting more use with the 5 of us. Go so back and forth, its not what I want for the riding I do, but it does do fine for the riding. At this moment im keeping it unless i get an offer i cant refuse. This summer ill see if that changes. Some temping options out there for sure, but none will fit the family
Ya give it some hell with the fam for a bit if they’re interested and see. Get some more pics!

Reactions: BWAF
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ya give it some hell with the fam for a bit if they’re interested and see. Get some more pics!
My wife doesnt like to ride, she just around the neighborhood to neighbors houses and what not. She gets car sick and doesn't care for the bouncing around. but the kids love it. Especially my son and one of my daughters.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!