BOX1

P700 Drive shaft boot ripped

v908

v908

Feb 14, 2020
Santa Clarita, CA
Ownership

1. 700-2
My Pioneer 700 sees pretty light to normal duty (mostly hauling stuff around my 5 acres), so I was surprised to see the boot covering the universal joint to the rear driveshaft was torn. Any idea how much of a job it is to replace it, or what I might expect to pay at a dealership? All the other boots around the machine look fine, so I don't know why this one decided to split.
20230312 170430

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My Pioneer 700 sees pretty light to normal duty (mostly hauling stuff around my 5 acres), so I was surprised to see the boot covering the universal joint to the rear driveshaft was torn. Any idea how much of a job it is to replace it, or what I might expect to pay at a dealership? All the other boots around the machine look fine, so I don't know why this one decided to split.View attachment 378597
I bet if you go to the search bar you'll find all the information you need and pictures?

Reactions: buggyman
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
My Pioneer 700 sees pretty light to normal duty (mostly hauling stuff around my 5 acres), so I was surprised to see the boot covering the universal joint to the rear driveshaft was torn. Any idea how much of a job it is to replace it, or what I might expect to pay at a dealership? All the other boots around the machine look fine, so I don't know why this one decided to split.View attachment 378597
Unbolt the rear diff, you should have enough room to slide the driveshaft off the engine side. If you want to completely remove the driveshaft you'll need to disassemble the rear brake also

HondaTech

HondaTech

Getting hated on means your doing it right
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Dec 30, 2015
Isn't this one of the parts that was eternal back order awhile back?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!