My drive shaft will just pop out some time y am driving has any had this happen

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Seriously though, do you have pics of the problem? When it's together is there any unnecessary slop? The more details you can give the better. There are a lot of smart fellers on here!

Reactions: swsebek

Nov 21, 2017
Deltona fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Seriously though, do you have pics of the problem? When it's together is there any unnecessary slop? The more details you can give the better. There are a lot of smart fellers on here!
I'll try to see if I can get some pics but no there is no slop it doesn't feel like the U-joint is bad I was thinking the spring on the drive shaft is weak cuz I can reach under there and just pull it right off the output shaft of the motor towards the diff

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not good at all.please take pic

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Not 100% sure which joint is the problem.
It has a 'C' shaped spring clip on the splined shaft?
It may be possible the clip is not the correct shape.
They are easily replaced (after you order it, wait for it to ship and arrive).
Or you can try bending the clip but its pain.
You bend it and it goes back to the original shape, bend it some more-now its a pretzel.

I didn't see any info on your SxS.
If it is still under warranty make Honda fix it.

H

HondaTech

Are u talking about the rear output shaft? We had a customer that popped his off enough that it wouldn't drive the rear wheels but wasn't noticeable until you looked closer. We popped his back in and never heard back from him.

It almost sounds to me like there is no spring?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'll try to see if I can get some pics but no there is no slop it doesn't feel like the U-joint is bad I was thinking the spring on the drive shaft is weak cuz I can reach under there and just pull it right off the output shaft of the motor towards the diff
Hey what happened??? You left us hangin.

Nov 21, 2017
Deltona fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Are u talking about the rear output shaft? We had a customer that popped his off enough that it wouldn't drive the rear wheels but wasn't noticeable until you looked closer. We popped his back in and never heard back from him.

It almost sounds to me like there is no spring?
Yea that what it doing . It only does it in 2 wheel drive I've had to put it back on a couple times

T

Tronnie

Apr 20, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
Im trying to take my rear output shaft from motor out are they a clip behind seal?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!