Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So how to videos are not really my thing. But i gave it a shot. If i misspoke let me know. Thanks to a bunch of people on this forum for helping me, especially with the DPDT switch/ solenoid idea.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This is on my to do list. Looks good!
Cool, Very nice! Wiring is NOT my thing, wish you were closer, I'd pay you to do this to my rig.

Reactions: Tyx2
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
my suggestion is to get everything you need then wire it up. I still need to go back and clean it up when i have time. Not as clean as id like it. But functional.

Skyhawk85

Skyhawk85

May 16, 2017
Pulaski, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So how to videos are not really my thing. But i gave it a shot. If i misspoke let me know. Thanks to a bunch of people on this forum for helping me, especially with the DPDT switch/ solenoid idea.

Where do the smaller wires go that are attached to the Stinger Solenoid? I'm guessing one runs directly to your DPDT switch. Any tips on wiring your DPDT switch? I've got a 7 pin DPDT switch ordered....

nerd

nerd

Aug 22, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your 100 amp circuit breaker - did that replace the one that came with your winch and sits between the winch solenoid and positive side of 2nd battery? What 2 lines go into it - you said winch but I wasn't sure what other one was and what it connect to. Thanks

Reactions: Cooterbob
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Your 100 amp circuit breaker - did that replace the one that came with your winch and sits between the winch solenoid and positive side of 2nd battery? What 2 lines go into it - you said winch but I wasn't sure what other one was and what it connect to. Thanks
Power from the winch comes before the 100amp breaker (i actually have it on the input side of the breaker where the battery connects to the breaker)

Reactions: nerd
nerd

nerd

Aug 22, 2017
KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Power from the winch comes before the 100amp breaker (i actually have it on the input side of the breaker where the battery connects to the breaker)
Alright so the positive from the winch solenoid and the positive from the 2nd battery connect on the input side of the circuit breaker, then the out goes to the stinger solenoid (switch controlled), then on to the positive input of the fuse panel. Am I right or did I foul it up?

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Alright so the positive from the winch solenoid and the positive from the 2nd battery connect on the input side of the circuit breaker, then the out goes to the stinger solenoid (switch controlled), then on to the positive input of the fuse panel. Am I right or did I foul it up?
you got it

Reactions: nerd
S

Snoodafruff

Sep 16, 2017
Salt Lake City, UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome, thanks! If not, I was going to be confused (and redoing some wiring, haha)

Dragon,

Of all the dual battery set-ups I’ve seen, I like yours the best & will be doing your exact configuration. I have 2 questions. What kind of dpdt switch do you have & would you mind explaining the wiring for that to your stinger solenoid?.....or post up a link showing the wiring for that? Thanks

D

Doogy

Sep 10, 2017
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great post. I pick my 2017 1000 LE up this afternoon. I plan on doing this setup as well. Gonna start ordering parts this weekend. This is and amazing forum for information. I hope to be able to share something in the future; but it sounds like most of y'all are WAY ahead of my skill level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Landman
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Dragon,

Of all the dual battery set-ups I’ve seen, I like yours the best & will be doing your exact configuration. I have 2 questions. What kind of dpdt switch do you have & would you mind explaining the wiring for that to your stinger solenoid?.....or post up a link showing the wiring for that? Thanks
Thanks,

This is the switch i used (but there are plenty of others as well)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P7ZS5GE/?tag=sxsweb24-20

If i recall correctly for DPDT wiring:

Pin1- Power from key
Pin 2- power to solenoid
Pin 3- power from 2nd battery
Pin 4-6 not used
Pin 7 to ground

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Where did you connect the little black wire coming out of the isolator?

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Where did you connect the little black wire coming out of the isolator?
To the neutral terminal on the fuse block. Any ground is ok though

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
To the neutral terminal on the fuse block. Any ground is ok though
Thank you for the info and the video. Couldn't quite see in the video, did you run a negative cable direct from the house to the aux battery?

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!