P700 Dual battery setup

Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Jul 23, 2018
Lyles Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
Getting closer! Thanks to a lot of folks for the tips and help!

2D63CB78 45C3 4F6A B734 E0CD6BF3C3FC 340ECBBC BB6E 4324 9620 2430C1E69659

RWJ_700-4

RWJ_700-4

Lifetime Member
Jan 1, 2018
Winchester, Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
What fuse box did you use in your setup and what type of light bars did you purchase?
I am getting ready to do my dual battery install and wanted to see what components you used. Also, what brand of dual battery did you buy?
Thanks.

Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Jul 23, 2018
Lyles Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
What fuse box did you use in your setup and what type of light bars did you purchase?
I am getting ready to do my dual battery install and wanted to see what components you used. Also, what brand of dual battery did you buy?
Thanks.
I bought the Mictuning 6 circuit marine/boat fuse box part # X001UG1AWJ
I also bought the Nilight 12” led bar w/ 4” pods
The battery I’m using is a Duracell 12V 12AH
AGM # Dura12-12F2. I actually have 4 of these given to me. Their new. So I thought I would try one. So far works great. Down side on these battery’s there isn’t any screw lugs, you have to use a female electrical push on connector. So I soldered on copper connectors with a hole in them to screw on my battery cables.

Reactions: Wilks
RWJ_700-4

RWJ_700-4

Lifetime Member
Jan 1, 2018
Winchester, Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
I bought the Mictuning 6 circuit marine/boat fuse box part # X001UG1AWJ
I also bought the Nilight 12” led bar w/ 4” pods
The battery I’m using is a Duracell 12V 12AH
AGM # Dura12-12F2. I actually have 4 of these given to me. Their new. So I thought I would try one. So far works great. Down side on these battery’s there isn’t any screw lugs, you have to use a female electrical push on connector. So I soldered on copper connectors with a hole in them to screw on my battery cables.
Thanks for the information!
I hope to start my install this weekend.

Reactions: Sheepdog
Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Jul 23, 2018
Lyles Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
My grounds are to the left and down slightly of the circle. If you zoom in the pic you can see the bolt head. Same factory bracket/bar as relays just to the left a bit

Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm just curious...I added a 49" light bar at the roof, a 12" light bar on the bumper, 4 rock lights, 2 rock lights diffused for interior lights, and 2-3" pods for reverse lights. With the engine idling, voltage is at 14.9v, and with all the lights on it drops to 14v. I'm still not using all the power the charging system provides. I know the winch draws a lot, but that is a momentary power drain. Why the need for dual batteries?

Reactions: Backwoods
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm just curious...I added a 49" light bar at the roof, a 12" light bar on the bumper, 4 rock lights, 2 rock lights diffused for interior lights, and 2-3" pods for reverse lights. With the engine idling, voltage is at 14.9v, and with all the lights on it drops to 14v. I'm still not using all the power the charging system provides. I know the winch draws a lot, but that is a momentary power drain. Why the need for dual batteries?
I'm kind of curious to because I wouldn't think you would run every single thing at one time . I know a good many people here have a dual batt. Set up.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you ride close to home or don't really run your winch much then "No" you don't need it. But if you do go on long ride away from the house. Or get stuck ,and do a winch pull 6 times till someone Hooks therir strap up right. Then yes, they save the day. My wife and kids drain nmine while we hang stands. The stock battery wouldn't put up with that. I think it will help OEM battery's to last longer because the stock doesn't work as hard. And you don't get a volt drain as low as you would if it was just the stock one.
You get to drinking and hanging out late at night in the bottom woods.Liquid courage could make you do something dumb. That's when it works best for me ;) And if your pulling sport machines out of the mud

Last edited:
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Makes sense, I can see the winch draining it with repeated use.

Sheepdog

Sheepdog

Jul 23, 2018
Lyles Tennessee
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don’t have a winch on my 700 yet, it’s on the list. Most of my riding is local with friends and neighbors. Mostly dusty roads some creek crossings ect. For me personally it’s the old saying “it’s better to have and not need then to need and not have”.. lol Basically what swsebek said.!

Reactions: swsebek and Mudwing
J

Jaybird907

Oct 23, 2018
Maryland
Ownership

1. 700-4
You might want to consider putting some kind of non conductive (plastic) barrier between your fuseblock and your diamond plate just in case. Unless your fuseblock is completely sealed on the bottom. Only a suggestion.

The fuse block is completely sealed but that is still; a good idea. I was a little reluctant to use diamond plate because it is conductive but I got all Marine grade components.
You might want to consider putting some kind of non conductive (plastic) barrier between your fuseblock and your diamond plate just in case. Unless your fuseblock is completely sealed on the bottom. Only a suggestion.

Reactions: Sheepdog

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!