P1000 Dust, heat and backdraft

J

Jpred1

Mar 25, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Working on my heat/ dust issues. After playing with different ideas , so far I temporarily placed a deflector below the roof and has promising results. Will post more after I finish and confirm the difference it makes. Appears to put lots of positive cab pressure with factory split windshield. Definantely stopped the back draft where my wife's hair is blowing forward, she really hates that. I have to shorten it up and all but may be a seller.
IMG 0793
IMG 0794

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Interesting.

Reactions: sharp
J

Jpred1

Mar 25, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok. Tried it out and finished. Works like a champ. When top windshield is opened a bit , 10-15 mph , there is a nice breeze flowing downward toward the seats and mid waist area. Dropped cab temps dramatically and cut out 75% of the dust entering cab from the rear. Nice. Only problem is above 35 the factory windshield cannot handle it, flexes in middle. Also smaller children in the middle will be getting a good breeze in there face if window is opened too much.
IMG 0795

Reactions: sharp
N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive got the Honda two piece hard coat windshield. I installed bayouownbeer's heat shield yesterday and it works great. Thinking of just taking the upper portion of the windshield off for the dusty, hot summer months and seeing if this fixes the dust problem. Anyone else done this?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive got the Honda two piece hard coat windshield. I installed bayouownbeer's heat shield yesterday and it works great. Thinking of just taking the upper portion of the windshield off for the dusty, hot summer months and seeing if this fixes the dust problem. Anyone else done this?
With just the lower half in you still get some dust not nearly as much as having both pieces in. When it gets hot I take the whole works out..that eliminates all dust and heat.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok. Tried it out and finished. Works like a champ. When top windshield is opened a bit , 10-15 mph , there is a nice breeze flowing downward toward the seats and mid waist area. Dropped cab temps dramatically and cut out 75% of the dust entering cab from the rear. Nice. Only problem is above 35 the factory windshield cannot handle it, flexes in middle. Also smaller children in the middle will be getting a good breeze in there face if window is opened too much. View attachment 39080

Check out my windshield centre
support. It works like a champ.

Reactions: bellmichael8683
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Working on my heat/ dust issues. After playing with different ideas , so far I temporarily placed a deflector below the roof and has promising results. Will post more after I finish and confirm the difference it makes. Appears to put lots of positive cab pressure with factory split windshield. Definantely stopped the back draft where my wife's hair is blowing forward, she really hates that. I have to shorten it up and all but may be a seller. View attachment 39057View attachment 39058
Glad to see..a guy using the proper
word...."BackDraft"....Not Vortex
..you can keep some dust out...
but it's part of the hobby/sport..

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Check out my windshield centre
support. It works like a champ.
Kool...
not a fan..of ANYTHING on
my front rollbar. ..that's where your
face...head...etc....goes when..you roll
tip...or crash...
IMO...
but everybody got there own deal...
do love that windsheild. .....BadAss

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This kind of dust is not part of the sport....i dont mind the dust on me, but swirling inside the cab coating my guns.....not cool.

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Working on my heat/ dust issues. After playing with different ideas , so far I temporarily placed a deflector below the roof and has promising results. Will post more after I finish and confirm the difference it makes. Appears to put lots of positive cab pressure with factory split windshield. Definantely stopped the back draft where my wife's hair is blowing forward, she really hates that. I have to shorten it up and all but may be a seller. View attachment 39057View attachment 39058
Ill buy one!

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
This kind of dust is not part of the sport....i dont mind the dust on me, but swirling inside the cab coating my guns.....not cool.
When ya leave the blacktop...
sorry to break the news...Dust
you will never....Beat.
sounds to me..like ya should of
got a jeep...
40 yr Rider....
Dust always Wins..
FACT

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!