BOX1

East Texas-West Louisiana ride

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
im from southwest louisiana. and am looking for a few bikes to do a ride with sometime in july between 18th-28th. trying not to travel too far. i usually just go to sabine atv park in burkeville,tx. but i really dont ever see any honda sxs there and iv only really rode with 2 700s and 1 500. kinda interested in seeing what everyone has done to theirs in person. from my house its 3 hrs to arkansas state line via I49 . 45 mins to texas. about 3 hrs to I45 and tx190.willing to go 3.5 -4 hrs for a good ride.

Reactions: Tundra20 and BWAF
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
im game for any type of ride. i prefer trails. types with a few little holes with options.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rocket and BWAF
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
sounds good to me

Reactions: BWAF
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you find something good that is close enough for you, let me know.
ill post here was kinda hoping someone would post knowing a place ..sabine is nice but mostly mud related. but have seen many stock bikes out there along with my dads big red a few times. sucks there isnt more places close by. unless your on a lease

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I'm in SE LA as well. Unfortunately there's not much around us other than mud. I wish they'd open up the Kisatchie trail system (Alexandria area) to bigger bikes because that is a really fun ride; it's 50" only. I usually go 3-4 times a year with my Rubicon to ride the Sandstone trail when it is open. They close it for maintenance during the winter months. There are a few other 50" trail systems that are not as well maintained in the Claiborne area of Kisatchie. It would be a lot of fun with a Pioneer 500.

Reactions: BigOL3
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm in SE LA as well. Unfortunately there's not much around us other than mud. I wish they'd open up the Kisatchie trail system (Alexandria area) to bigger bikes because that is a really fun ride; it's 50" only. I usually go 3-4 times a year with my Rubicon to ride the Sandstone trail when it is open. They close it for maintenance during the winter months. There are a few other 50" trail systems that are not as well maintained in the Claiborne area of Kisatchie. It would be a lot of fun with a Pioneer 500.
definitely iv rode over on peason ridge and over by drakes fork out there on my rancher back in the day. but those areas have kinda been reinforcing the lug height law recently. basically any tire that doesnt look stock. take out the pocket book or get lucky with a warning. i wish there was a place closer to ride thinking about going up north to the highlifter park just to check it out

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
definitely iv rode over on peason ridge and over by drakes fork out there on my rancher back in the day. but those areas have kinda been reinforcing the lug height law recently. basically any tire that doesnt look stock. take out the pocket book or get lucky with a warning. i wish there was a place closer to ride thinking about going up north to the highlifter park just to check it out

Sole reason I kept my stock tires was to go ride where they restrict the lug height. I actually picked up another brand new set of takeoffs for my Rubicon on FB marketplace for $200 not long ago. I'm glad they are enforcing it, I like not having to spend all day going around huge chewed up holes. I've heard Highlifter was fun if you're into mud riding.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sole reason I kept my stock tires was to go ride where they restrict the lug height. I actually picked up another brand new set of takeoffs for my Rubicon on FB marketplace for $200 not long ago. I'm glad they are enforcing it, I like not having to spend all day going around huge chewed up holes. I've heard Highlifter was fun if you're into mud riding.
i gave my pinny stocks to my dad he has big red the bighorns pop he put one of my stocks on. surprisingly pinny stocks hold up longer than the original bighorns

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I’m from the Lake Charles area myself. My family and I are heading to the Moccasin Gap/Mack’s Pines area the week of July 4th. I’ve never been there but we shall see. I’ve ridden Sabine and it’s usually my go to for a quick weekend trip but we leave by 4 usually. That’s when they start getting crazy on the trails. We went to Wolf Pen Gap 2 years ago and I wrote my thoughts on it in the regional section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alan_Vander
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I’m from the Lake Charles area myself. My family and I are heading to the Moccasin Gap/Mack’s Pines area the week of July 4th. I’ve never been there but we shall see. I’ve ridden Sabine and it’s usually my go to for a quick weekend trip but we leave by 4 usually. That’s when they start getting crazy on the trails. We went to Wolf Pen Gap 2 years ago and I wrote my thoughts on it in the regional section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mack's Pines looks like an awesome place to ride. Let us know how it is.

Reactions: K9Paco
Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SE La here. Mack pines is great i have been several times as well as several other locations in the ozarks. Like Byrd’s adventure. Mount magazine. Mulberry mountain.

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I ride at Barnwell Mountain quite a bit. I also plan on going to Wolf Pen Gap in the next month. I was waiting for a weekend with no rain and that has been hard to get in East Texas. I was thinking the weekend after the 4th. I live in Longview Tx. Both of those places have websites. Barnwell is trails, hills and a small amount of mud. Wolf Pen Gap is trails with creek crossings.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
sounds like some nice riding i work in oil field 14 days and 14 days off. i work 2nd-17th then home from 17th till 30th.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SE La here. Mack pines is great i have been several times as well as several other locations in the ozarks. Like Byrd’s adventure. Mount magazine. Mulberry mountain.
I rode Mack's pines/mocassin gap last month and thoroughly enjoyed it. How do the other three you mentioned compare?

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I rode Mack's pines/mocassin gap last month and thoroughly enjoyed it. How do the other three you mentioned compare?
All very similar terrain. But I like Mack and moccasin the best.

Reactions: Hondoman
Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All very similar terrain. But I like Mack and moccasin the best.
Cool, thanks. I liked it better than wolf pen gap too. I just wish macks wasnt 6 hours away.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!