BOX1

P1000 ECM Update Available

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was the same way but the service manager assured me that it is perfectly fine to start it like that. I know there is a buzz for something turning on when you switch the key to on but again, he assured me that starting it the way he instructed won’t hurt anything.
If that’s what he said will work and if it’s working keep it up. I think each of these machines have a mind of their own. The only reason I wait to start mine is because it cranks for so long before it will start. Now If I turn the key and wait it will fire right up. Has done this since new. I have yet to have problems with the fan not coming on but I will be having it flashed when I do my accelerator recall. These machines really make you scratch your head sometimes o_O

Little_g

Little_g

Aug 6, 2015
Parker, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had my update done yesterday and my fan cycles WAY more often. Never had an issue but glad I had it done. Never really noticed much on the shift points. Riding Sunday so will pay more attention.

Reactions: Smitty335
B

bcgunner

Jan 16, 2023
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Mine has had the fan not come on twice. The first time I cleaned the radiator a ton and didn't feel like it was clogged. I rode it another 200 miles and it did it again. After the second time, I put the nose way up and worked a bubble out of the radiator but the machine had 1700 miles on it so I'm not sure how or why it got air in the radiator. Either way both times it got 4 bars hot and the fan wouldn't turn on. My fan it wired to a switch now for auto or ON.
If I may ask, What wire did you tie into to make this modification? Thank you.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I may ask, What wire did you tie into to make this modification? Thank you.
Forum has a plug and play kit available.

B

bcgunner

Jan 16, 2023
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Forum has a plug and play kit available.
Thank you!

B

bcgunner

Jan 16, 2023
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well, it's fixed! The root cause was the PCM, and the local dealer had an updated one on the shelf. Thank you everyone for your knowledge and advice! Happy wheelin'.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!