Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unfortunately, some seem to equate loud exhaust with dick length. I'm guessing this is worth at least another 1/8" e-penis, right?

I got $5 that says some circles would say the same thing about your Talon or the pickup that might be toting it around.

While I don’t agree with cutouts and straight pipes, I also understand why they exist and the freedom to use them (short lived it may be).

Responses like this only make the discussion take a bad turn.

Maybe @TxDoc has 3000 acres of his own land to do wtf he wants?!

I like the ingenuity to put it in, but personally don’t see the value in any aftermarket exhaust mods on a stock 999cc motor. But I’m not going to be s***ty about it and question someone’s manhood.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think it’s kinda cool personally. Truth be told I wouldn’t run it open much but something sounds damn good about a geared machine with exhaust. It’d sound incredible going through the gears with a cutout, sure wouldn’t sound like a snowmobile belted Sxs lol. Be fun when passing Polaris.
Nice thing about electric is you can cap it back up to be respectful. I know for a fact you wouldn’t want to run that for long periods, I’ve had exhaust issues and my patience only lasted about 2 minutes. Hopefully someone wouldn’t run it constantly just to annoy everyone, or in areas that could get the sport shut down, that would be my concern

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
DID YOU SAY SOMETHING?

I CANT HEAR YOU!

🤣🤣
Exactly! Our family has some acreage out in the middle of no where, it has a electric easement through it that ties into our neighbors property that has a road down the easement. My DA brother has a RZR with an HMF exhaust, louder than fu5k, he wears hearing protection while riding, I stay way back, it's so loud. Anyways he was out there by him self and goes ripping down the neighbors easement road raising all kinds of hell, blasting his stupid loud exhaust, neighbor called and we are no longer able to take a short cut to the trails, that saved us 4.75 miles of road riding. Dumb Ass. So quiet is good for more than one reason! Sorry Doc, but that was a stupid mod if you ride with other people and within 20 miles of any houses, we need to be mindful why people move that far out of town, to get away from all the noise pollution and regulations of the city and here come the week end warriors, people like that make us unwelcome to rural areas, tone down the noise and use 4WD to stop soil erosion, just my dollars worth.

Last edited:
TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Exactly! Our family has some acreage out in the middle of no where, it has a electric easement through it that ties into our neighbors property that has a road down the easement. My DA brother has a RZR with an HMF exhaust, louder than fu5k, he wears hearing protection while riding, I stay way back, it's so loud. Anyways he was out there by him self and goes ripping down the neighbors easement road raising all kinds of hell, blasting his stupid loud exhaust, neighbor called and we are no longer able to take a short cut to the trails, that saved us 4.75 miles of road riding. Dumb Ass. So quiet is good for more than one reason! Sorry Doc, but that was a stupid mod if you ride with other people and within 20 miles of any houses, we need to be mindful why people move that far out of town, to get away from all the noise pollution and regulations of the city and here come the week end warriors, people like that make us unwelcome to rural areas, tone down the noise and use 4WD to stop soil erosion, just my dollars worth.
That's not my mod. I have a Pioneer, no Talon.

Friend saw it on YouTube and passed out on. I've never had, nor wanted any exhaust mods.

Just an internet oddity with no proven gain.

Ad fast as anatomical comments, I haven't heard anything like that since junior high. Certainly, not from well adjusted adults.

I see a lot of things on forums from UTVs to fishing/hunting, trials dogs to private piloting. If I see something I don't like, I just move on and let others have their opinion.

If you look back on this site, I usually preface my comments with, "see what others think", as my opinion is just based upon my needs and wants and personal experiences. It can't apply to everyone/anyone else as it does to me. It may only provide more information to help in making their final decision.

I can't imagine personally attacking someone over a forum post. The motivations for such actions are surely debatable and numerous.

Jumping to conclusions, without complete understanding of what is being discussed is only a gamble.

I try to provide help or opinions based on my positive or negative experiences with the subject at hand.

I don't really have time for silliness. I'm trying to recover from a stroke and this forum was providing a lot of fun, knowledge and comaraderie with others who have similar interests.

But, I may have made a mistake and need to delete my account and move on?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's not my mod.

Friend saw it on YouTube and passed out on. I've never had, nor wanted any exhaust mods.

Ad fast as anatomical comments, I haven't heard anything like that since junior high. Certainly, not from well adjusted adults.

I see a lot of things on forums from UTVs to fishing/hunting, trials dogs to private piloting. If I see something I don't like, I just move on and let others have their opinion.

If you look back on this site, I usually preface my comments with, "see what others think", as my opinion is just based upon my needs and wants and personal experiences. It can't apply to everyone/anyone else as it does to me. It may only provide more information to help in making their final decision.

I can't imagine personally attacking someone over a forum post. The motivations for such actions are surely debatable and numerous.

Jumping to conclusions, without complete understanding of what is being discussed is only a gamble.

I try to provide help or opinions based on my positive or negative experiences with the subject at hand.

I apologize for my statements if your not in that group, I see so many newbies getting into the sport that I have loved for 47 years, when you posted the exhaust by pass I just saw red! We need to educate every one that loud and soil erosion is bad, use 4 WD, pick up others trash, be mindful of private property that we cut across on, you come up on a house that has fire wood in the yard, carry some to the porch?

Reactions: Mudwing and toddvdh
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I don't really have time for silliness. I'm trying to recover from a stroke and this forum was providing a lot of fun, knowledge and comaraderie with others who have similar interests.

Just keep on posting dude. f*** em if they can't take a joke!

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Not for me anymore, but I can’t say in my younger days I didn’t get any noise tickets on my 660 raptor. ;)

Honestly, I’ve been thinking of putting these cutouts on my 68 camaro. But it’s already pretty loud with headers and turbo mufflers.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

Nope, you just posted a short video. Others voiced their displeasure over loud exhausts, maybe it will make someone think - loud is bad for the sport and land access.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3

Absolutely not. I appreciate your posts, and watched the video in question and enjoyed it.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

The older I get the quieter I like things. I have no problem with others. I too had a stroke over 5 years ago, don't let some old fogies make you delete your account, come over to the NTC thread. You can post whatever you want without fear of retribution, other than liking white claw and drinking through a straw!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!