P500 EMP Roof or Honda OEM

L

lakebear

Mar 9, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 500
Thinking of ordering a red EMP roof as i can pick it up in Georgia on my way home and save the 90$ shipping charge. The red on red would be a different look. If anybody has one i would would like your thoughts on likes and dislikes or should i stick with the Honda roof. With the custom red its an extra 35 bucks putting it at about 285. Thanks for your time and thoughts

Reactions: sgerksinwi
sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Thinking of ordering a red EMP roof as i can pick it up in Georgia on my way home and save the 90$ shipping charge. The red on red would be a different look. If anybody has one i would would like your thoughts on likes and dislikes or should i stick with the Honda roof. With the custom red its an extra 35 bucks putting it at about 285. Thanks for your time and thoughts
I have one love it..Not red but it's metal

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Depends on your plans.alot of people like the Honda roof because of the overhang and you can mount guns, light,stereo components,bags etc under it.but it's taller and doesn't always fit in sheds,enclosed trailers etc.mine actually just touches my garage door so can't mount lights on roof.kinda ugly at first but grows on ya

Kajunz400

Kajunz400

Oct 18, 2017
Sw louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
IMG 13011
Ordered the red EMP roof on Monday. Will post pics when I get it installed. Before pic

Last edited:
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I prefer my Honda roof, but I’d say get what you want. I like the looks of the Honda roof on my rig vs others I looked at. At the end of the day it’s your money, as long as your putting parts on that p5 you’re headed in the right direction.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from Alabama.
I have the EMP roof and have no complaints, I need the very low profile (adds about 1/2") to fit inside an enclosed trailer.EMP 08EMP 02 2

Roof mounts securely with 6 clamps (2 each side, and one front and rear center) and doesn't rattle.

EMP 2Clamp view

The small structural bend at the front and rear act as a small rain gutter.
EMP 04

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
One advantage with the Honda roof is the quick release clamps, just takes a minute to remove the roof or reinstall it.

Kajunz400

Kajunz400

Oct 18, 2017
Sw louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Cant wait to see the pics of the roof mounted...what size tires are you running very nice
Thanks. The tires are 28x10x12 CST Wild Thangs, but they measure about 26 3/4 in tall. Really wanting some 30's. The roof should be delivered today along with a SATV half w/shield.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
One advantage with the Honda roof is the quick release clamps, just takes a minute to remove the roof or reinstall it.
Truth be told, when I ordered the EMP roof, I didn't know the Honda roof has quick release clamps, however with the EMP I don't have to remove it to load in trailer. Not saying it's better than Honda, but it works for me. Bottom line...I don't think you can go wrong with OEM or aftermarket, it all depends on what your needs are. Or like my wife likes to say "Whatever blows your skirt up".

L

lakebear

Mar 9, 2018
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 500
I like the look of the red and those rims and tires are something else. What brand of rim is that ? Does anyone know how many inches is added to height with Honda roof as i have a 7 ft door that is 3 inches short of 7 ft....who put the door in i do not know Thanks again

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
I like the look of the red and those rims and tires are something else. What brand of rim is that ? Does anyone know how many inches is added to height with Honda roof as i have a 7 ft door that is 3 inches short of 7 ft....who put the door in i do not know Thanks again

I can't remember for sure, but think it's around 2.5".

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Best suggestion I can offer... Try to find someone with same tire/wheel that you are looking at and same year Honda, and ask them to measure to bottom of a 4 foot level on top of roof, them you'll know the vertical clearance.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Best suggestion I can offer... Try to find someone with same tire/wheel that you are looking at and same year Honda, and ask them to measure to bottom of a 4 foot level on top of roof, them you'll know the vertical clearance.
If your an .... inch or so...too
...high..
deflate tires....is
an...option

Reactions: DaddyDubbs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!