P500 EMP Wipers Installed (the easy way)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Never really wanted a full windshield but after riding and plowing in the cold, figured it could be justified. Had only used it in the cold and snow and never really wet conditions until the last ride. Light rain and water holes made for a wet windshield and that made the glare on the plastic suck ass. Had a squeegee but stopping every 5 minutes on a group ride isn't an option so you just go a while without seeing too good, and that's stupid. Needed a wiper bad!
Could have bought one and opened up a little porthole to look through but then your passenger doesn't get to see very well, decided two was the way to go. Could've gotten the 12" but 16" covers more area and I think they're the same price, $100 for two and if they lap over each other, oh well.
Looked at this thing long and hard and tried every mounting configuration and sweep pattern possible. They have a factory bend to them too and don't come straight off the pivot. Should I sweep up, down, another factor is how they would sit it the rested position? After time spent this is what I came up with...

This is the Honda Hardcoat Tipout. Didn't have to drill through the windshield or anything. Used one of the mounting holes on each side for the clamp attachment. Removed the nut, bolt and plastic bushing that goes through the rubber grommet. The windshield grommet doesn't have to come out, it's big enough for the wiper bolt to go through. The only alteration I had to make was to the plastic bracket, it has the little recessed nut area on the back. I just drilled the hole bigger for the wiper bolt to fit, 1/2".
Factory brackets, factory grommets and factory drilled holes, wipers the easy way!

Wiper bushing Wiper inside Wiper swing Wipers down
Wipers up 1

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Never really wanted a full windshield but after riding and plowing in the cold, figured it could be justified. Had only used it in the cold and snow and never really wet conditions until the last ride. Light rain and water holes made for a wet windshield and that made the glare on the plastic suck ass. Had a squeegee but stopping every 5 minutes on a group ride isn't an option so you just go a while without seeing too good, and that's stupid. Needed a wiper bad!
Could have bought one and opened up a little porthole to look through but then your passenger doesn't get to see very well, decided two was the way to go. Could've gotten the 12" but 16" covers more area and I think they're the same price, $100 for two and if they lap over each other, oh well.
Looked at this thing long and hard and tried every mounting configuration and sweep pattern possible. They have a factory bend to them too and don't come straight off the pivot. Should I sweep up, down, another factor is how they would sit it the rested position? After time spent this is what I came up with...

This is the Honda Hardcoat Tipout. Didn't have to drill through the windshield or anything. Used one of the mounting holes on each side for the clamp attachment. Removed the nut, bolt and plastic bushing that goes through the rubber grommet. The windshield grommet doesn't have to come out, it's big enough for the wiper bolt to go through. The only alteration I had to make was to the plastic bracket, it has the little recessed nut area on the back. I just drilled the hole bigger for the wiper bolt to fit, 1/2".
Factory brackets, factory grommets and factory drilled holes, wipers the easy way!

View attachment 90395 View attachment 90396 View attachment 90398 View attachment 90399
View attachment 90400
Very cool, how’d you wire the motor and switch for that.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

View attachment 90395 View attachment 90396 View attachment 90398 View attachment 90399
View attachment 90400
Only issue I see with this set up, it's need a link between the two wipers that the passenger operates, HA!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looks great! Ordering a set now. @trigger how are they holding up?

Holding up well. Used them on the last ride and they worked great. Some have stated that if they become loose and won't stay up that you can tighten them up more. I don't see this as the case, what keeps them tight is the spring in the arm.

dls1966

dls1966

Mar 4, 2018
Kawkawlin Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Just ordered a set of wipers for mine they looked so cool on triggers setup plus I have the same windshield so hopefully I won't have to drill any holes been using a towel this far it will be Nice not to have to stop and get out to see

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just ordered a set of wipers for mine they looked so cool on triggers setup plus I have the same windshield so hopefully I won't have to drill any holes been using a towel this far it will be Nice not to have to stop and get out to see
Motorized or manual?

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!