P1000m3 Engine Cover - Yes/No?

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was power washing my machine in preparation of an oil change. We get that mud mixed with clay so once it dries, it's quite a choir to get it off. You think it's clean and you look under the engine cover and it even look like you washed it. I couldn't even find the dipstick. What are your thoughts about running without an engine for the 3-seaters? I kow guys do it for heat issues but I don't have that problem. Any disadvantages of running without an engine cover? I would only want to so I can have an easier time keeping her clean.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Not sure for what your thinking of for a 3 seater? As I have a 5. But I do know a lot of 3 seater folks leave that cover off cuz it dramatically reduces the heat that is produced under the seat as u stated. That said, I think you’ll be fine leaving it off.

Reactions: Trapper5885
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine has been like this since one of the first times I had to service it. I've got the larger outer shroud still in place but I left out the one you have to pull to check the oil. Its caused me no issues so far.

OnTheJob

OnTheJob

Dec 29, 2017
Bristol, NY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine has been like this since one of the first times I had to service it. I've got the larger outer shroud still in place but I left out the one you have to pull to check the oil. Its caused me no issues so far.
Yeah, I left that little cover off too. What a pain. I was thinking of deleting the big cover just so I can have an easier time keeping it a little more cleaner. The mud just bakes on top of the engine in some of those nooks and crannies.

Reactions: Ohio4x4

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I took mine off (2016 model) years ago. I actually forgot that the machine comes with it. Took the whole useless thing off.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!