P700 Engine Heat

G

gawnfishin

Apr 24, 2021
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just picked up my 700-2 deluxe last Saturday and having a blast. I must say though, you would think that after seeing years of complaints about exhaust and engine heat under the seat, Honda would have corrected this. I am in south Louisiana and it's hot. While in the winter I will appreciate it, I am not enjoying the butt griddle right now.
As for exhaust tape, has anyone wrapped over the heat shield? Begrudgingly, I am also going to insulate the engine compartment as well. For $17000 you would think that there would be no engineering modifications to do.

Reactions: Lady01 and Kinlaw
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just picked up my 700-2 deluxe last Saturday and having a blast. I must say though, you would think that after seeing years of complaints about exhaust and engine heat under the seat, Honda would have corrected this. I am in south Louisiana and it's hot. While in the winter I will appreciate it, I am not enjoying the butt griddle right now.
As for exhaust tape, has anyone wrapped over the heat shield? Begrudgingly, I am also going to insulate the engine compartment as well. For $17000 you would think that there would be no engineering modifications to do.
That's just the beginning

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The emissions regs are causing them to run much hotter than the original 2014. Didn't see too many complaints about those.
Honestly, one of the best things you could probably do is maybe a Power vision to fatten it up a bit.
I did heat shielding. I'm scared to wrap the exhaust directly, as some claim it makes them eventually crack. Don't know about doing it over the shields...

FlipKing

FlipKing

May 17, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
Insulating under the seat caused issues for me, so be careful with that. I also upgraded skid plates though.

Reactions: Remington
Dockman

Dockman

Lifetime Member
Jul 5, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 700-2
I put heat shielding under my seat. I also sealed gaps around gas and brak e peddle. Major improvements!
Heat around pedals
P700m2 - Heat around pedals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mygreenbronco

mygreenbronco

Feb 3, 2021
Centralia, WA
Ownership

1. 700-2
I put on an after market exhaust and removed the cat (thats its job to get really hot and burn excess fuel) It dropped the temp in the up pipe also.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!