P1000 Engine Light came on in sport mode

EagleEye

EagleEye

Sep 5, 2017
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tried Sport Mode for the first time the other day. ( I had about 250 miles at the time)
Started from a complete stop, and punched it on a gravel road. WOW! Does it ever go.
At some point, the MIL lamp started flashing. I shut it down immediately, and it soon went to solid! I was 5 miles from home, so I pulled over, shut it off and back on. No lamp, thank goodness.
I assume it had an error, but are the codes stored?
Can they be read without taking it 80 miles to the dealer?

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Sound like something's loose like a ground connection

Reactions: Lady01
aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a sporadic check engine light that would flash to a sequence with no real consistency as to when it would come on. Always the same sequence. Was told when I called and asked that they needed to put scanner on it. Had it checked when they put the cabin comfort kit in a few weeks ago was a bad O2 sensor.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

EagleEye

EagleEye

Sep 5, 2017
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a sporadic check engine light that would flash to a sequence with no real consistency as to when it would come on. Always the same sequence. Was told when I called and asked that they needed to put scanner on it. Had it checked when they put the cabin comfort kit in a few weeks ago was a bad O2 sensor.

I have a OBDII scanner, any chance it will connect and read codes? I have not seen a port yet, but I suspect it is sealed to keep water out.

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a OBDII scanner, any chance it will connect and read codes? I have not seen a port yet, but I suspect it is sealed to keep water out.
I didn't think to ask how there doing the scans, but I will the next time I'm at the shop.

EagleEye

EagleEye

Sep 5, 2017
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A long overdue update. The problem became worst, shutting down sometimes within a few hundred. Got the error code after it died and called the dealer. Turns out to be the Fuel Injectors wiring. They fixed it under my warranty. That was in early 2019. Well two weeks ago, it shut down again with one long and 3 short blinks for the code. I went on here to see which injector that was, now all my searches come up to dead ends. I can find anything!

EagleEye

EagleEye

Sep 5, 2017
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
13 is rear fuel injector circuit malfunction
Thanks Dave,
I got both repair kits and now I'm looking at the connectors. The front connector, which was the original problem, has two white wires. The rear has a red and green. I suspect they only replaced the front, which really looks like a pain.
Thanks again.

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
NP. When I had to replace mine, I could find nothing wrong visually. But the replacement solved the problem.

You'll be good when you get the parts.

Be sure to report back here. Peeps need to see problems and solutions

EagleEye

EagleEye

Sep 5, 2017
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
NP. When I had to replace mine, I could find nothing wrong visually. But the replacement solved the problem.

You'll be good when you get the parts.

Be sure to report back here. Peeps need to see problems and solutions
Since I worked for years as an electronics tech, I soldered the wires together, covered each with small shrink tubing (none was provided in the kit, although the instructions I followed on the Forum said they did)
After pulling the webbing back over everything, I shrink wrapped the large one over everything and tied it down with a tie wrap. I pulled on the 1/4" of wire left on the old connector with my fingers, nothing. I then took a pair of hemostats and pulled on them one at a time. The red wire came out, wire and all. HIGHLY SUSPECT!

Reactions: Lady01 and Jerryg

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!