Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Anyone put an escape hatch on their Pioneer? I have a hard sided cabin and if i go through the ice, i want another way out. I have started looking at bus emergency hatches and marine hatches.

ICE doesn't get thick enough for my fat ass to ever get on it let alone drive a 20k+ land vehicle on it.

Can't break through if you're not on it. 🤔

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ice fishing is so fun! It is the reason I am picking up my new Pioneer on Tuesday hopefully? They keep delaying because the doors are on back order. Because of the cold, I went with a hard sided cab and heater which would lock me in potentially if I dropped through the ice.

Spring loaded glass breaker thingy?

Reactions: Mudwing
amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This sounds like something off U tube. When the term " escape hatch" comes into the conversation it gets my attention. u might want to evaluate your methods of determining ice thickness. I took a dip through thin ice into 8 feet if water duck hunting. i dont reccomend it. Much better ways to check out than freezing to death and drowning inside a steel cage. Yikes!!!!

Reactions: Farmer
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Hypothermia plan after the escape? Sounds like it would be good to go where others are close by. Glad you have the preparedness mindset to be cautious.

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i went completely underwater for less than a minute. managed to use my shotgun as a crutch to dig my way out. Air temp + 5 stiff wind. I lost mental process in a few min. I had started outboard motor to try to warm my hands which was a ridiculious idea My buddy hunting on the other side of the small island thought it odd to hear the motor and came to investigate. By this time only a few min he found me incoherent walking around in circles. If I had gone by myself I feel sure I would have died. No doubt. I was working a dog on a crippled bird not paying attention to where I was walking. You go under in below freezing water u are screwed unless u have someone close by to help. Hypothermia is extremely dangerous often fatal. My son is a pro kayak fisherman boat rep. They had a ex navy seal die from hypothermia in 50 degree water after flipping over getting trapped in a cheap box store kayak. Dont go by yourself

Reactions: Mudder
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!