Exhaust observation from the elderly

Huntndogs

Huntndogs

Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2021
San Diego, Ca.
Ownership

1. Talon R
I guess at 57 I am officially old 😀 I had purchased and installed the EVO exhaust after hearing other Talon’s with this can. Sounded great until I did a 50 mile high speed loop with friends in the desert. My head throbbed from the drone at speed even wearing a helmet. I decided to return to stock and sold the EVO to a buddy who is racing. Just making forum small talk, anyone else do the same?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I guess at 57 I am officially old 😀 I had purchased and installed the EVO exhaust after hearing other Talon’s with this can. Sounded great until I did a 50 mile high speed loop with friends in the desert. My head throbbed from the drone at speed even wearing a helmet. I decided to return to stock and sold the EVO to a buddy who is racing. Just making forum small talk, anyone else do the same?
I like quiet!

R

RedorDead

Jan 3, 2023
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I made that transition around 40, after straight piping a diesel and then taking a road trip. o_O

But I never did like noisy off road machines; I like to see some wildlife when I can.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I think Honda nailed the exhaust sound on the Talon, with the 270* firing order, it sounds like a big block Chebby chugging thru the woods and across the desert vastness. 😍
x.gif

The Hunter

The Hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I to enjoy the quietness of my pioneer compared to my rincon and rubicon. I have drove by white tails with in 20’ and they just look at me while I ease by, like they can’t believe the pioneer is so quite. But when on the rincon or rubicon, it’s white tails up lol.

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I was in my Teens I swore I’d never have quite or an automatic transmission. At this point I don’t want anything to to with either. I loved the sound of the big block and my modified Harley with near straight pipes (that’s was just a few years ago), now I’d like to hit in the head anyone near me wicking the throttle or taking off from a ridiculous dead start with as much gas & loud as they can, it just sounds so different outside the vehicle eh 🤣

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I guess the quest for quiet comes with being a little older. I don't have a Talon but a Pioneer 1000. Instead of replacing the muffler, I just installed a bigger tip, for me it's just right on loudness, especially on longer rides.

L

Lloydtheredneck

Sep 14, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i like quiet. im not old but i feel like it lol! i had my days of loud stuff. i wear earplugs when i ride, then its just the whine of the gears and the ringing in my ears. its quite peaceful actually.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!