Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Stumbled across this mod by @jay_man81 AMR post, nice deeper sound like the old baffle cut out on motorcycles. Sharing the link to his forum post with video. (Just when I thought I was done with mods!).
By keeping the spark arrestor screen, just wondering if it would be OK with US forest service? Will ask the next time I see one of their guys.

Pioneer 500 1hr exhaust mod

BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500
Definitely sounds better to me. I like it.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stumbled across this mod by @jay_man81
By keeping the spark arrestor screen, just wondering if it would be OK with US forest service? Will ask the next time I see one of their guys.

Pioneer 500 1hr exhaust mod
Edit. After morning coffee.
It will pass inspection with those guys with the screen. As long as you don't go asking too many questions and say. YES, I have a spark arrestor. 0b63596113b3b5551023f07b78d9bd46

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I like it, it "almost" makes it sound quieter but maybe that's me. Definately changes the pitch of the sound.

D

Duckhunt

Very nice cheap mod! I removed my cat converter for $9 and that really reduced back pressure and made trail riding quieter. Sound is better, crisper, but no tone change. It's amazing how much restriction these factory exhaust had and by freeing it up, it actually makes them somewhat quieter by not working as hard to rid the exhaust! Mine now has almost zero "back rap" engine braking, going down tight hills, etc. I should look into this and see what happens with both!

SouthParkColorado

SouthParkColorado

Feb 4, 2018
Hartsel, CO & Aurora, CO
www.flickr.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Very nice cheap mod! I removed my cat converter for $9 and that really reduced back pressure and made trail riding quieter. Sound is better, crisper, but no tone change. It's amazing how much restriction these factory exhaust had and by freeing it up, it actually makes them somewhat quieter by not working as hard to rid the exhaust! Mine now has almost zero "back rap" engine braking, going down tight hills, etc. I should look into this and see what happens with both!

Would you have a few pictures and details to share some time? The $9 was for what? Replacement coupler or ????????? Thanks!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!