P700 exhaust tip

offroader222

offroader222

Mar 14, 2019
Colville, Wa
Ownership

1. 700-4
20190411 144728 1 20190411 161846 1 View attachment 123289 View attachment 123290 View attachment 123289 View attachment 123290 View attachment 123290 View attachment 123290 View attachment 123289 After finding several aftermarket exhaust tips I found one on Ebay that looks really close to the stock one only bigger. Its made be LTE (Looney Tuned Exhaust) and comes with a spark arrestor installed. It is listed as a quiet core spark arrestor for a Can Am outlander but I am told they really only make the one size. I kindly asked the Ebay seller (ATV Galaxy) several time for some dimensions but I couldn't get any help from them. In fact all they would say is that "it won't work". I guess I didn't believe them as I'm usually pretty good at making things work so I called LTE directly and they were very helpful. They gave me the dimensions I asked for and I ended up purchasing one directly from them and guess what, It fits like it was made for it. Even the bolt holes line up perfectly! The exhaust tip is 1-3/4" The same as the pipe opening. Then I decided to use a sound meter app and with the stock tip I measured 75db @ the tailgate & with the LTE tip it was 79db. A little louder and a deeper sound. I haven't driven it yet though.

Read more: http://link-disallowed/user/485/recent#ixzz5lA9R6uVi

Last edited:
L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
what was the purpose of doing this mod?
BTW, I could not get the link to work. even has 'disallowed' in the link, so might want to verify it.

Reactions: DG Rider and ByronM
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
BTW, I could not get the link to work. even has 'disallowed' in the link, so might want to verify it.
More power.

A few years back, my buddy @Farmer dabbled in making some of those. He sent me one that he made for my 700. I did some testing and made some video With intentions are making a YouTube video. Keep in mind that his homemade one had slightly smaller diameter at the exhaust exit and most of the aftermarket ones.

Most people will chime in and tell you these do nothing for power, but to my surprise, there was a very slight but noticeable increase in power, at least on the bottom end. And yes it was louder, but far from of obnoxious like some aftermarket exhausts are. You had a nice, deep tone that some may find more pleasant than the stock exhaust note.

I never did make that video, but I still have the tips somewhere.

Reactions: Backwoods
offroader222

offroader222

Mar 14, 2019
Colville, Wa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Some say that the stock Honda exhaust tip is too restrictive and the use of a larger diameter tip will allow for better flow. I'm not sure about the disallowed link.Just trying to help. I'm new here. Hope I'm not breaking the rules.

offroader222

offroader222

Mar 14, 2019
Colville, Wa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I didn't leave a link but if you look up the seller you should be able to locate it.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
After finding several aftermarket exhaust tips I found one on Ebay that looks really close to the stock one only bigger. Its made be LTE (Looney Tuned Exhaust) and comes with a spark arrestor installed. It is listed as a quiet core spark arrestor for a Can Am outlander but I am told they really only make the one size. I kindly asked the Ebay seller (ATV Galaxy) several time for some dimensions but I couldn't get any help from them. In fact all they would say is that "it won't work". I guess I didn't believe them as I'm usually pretty good at making things work so I called LTE directly and they were very helpful. They gave me the dimensions I asked for and I ended up purchasing one directly from them and guess what, It fits like it was made for it. Even the bolt holes line up perfectly! The exhaust tip is 1-3/4" The same as the pipe opening. Then I decided to use a sound meter app and with the stock tip I measured 75db @ the tailgate & with the LTE tip it was 79db. A little louder and a deeper sound. I haven't driven it yet though.

Need more info, $27.95 on ebay?

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Need more info, $27.95 on ebay?
Just do a search on eBay (don't know if links would be allowed or I'd post some). There are several.

The used to be about $50 last I looked.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for the mention @DG Rider. I ended up pulling mine off after riding home from a buddy's house one night. I noticed the entire muffler was glowing red. I don't know why or if it was a bad thing (other than melting something) but I didn't care for the added noise. My ears ring enough as it is. No need to add to the problem for a slight HP gain. Besides, just about every place I've researched to ride has the stock exhaust rule. I might pick up the project again once I finish building my shop. You know.....for those bad boys out there that always have to take it to the next level. LOL!

Reactions: DG Rider
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for the mention @DG Rider. I ended up pulling mine off after riding home from a buddy's house one night. I noticed the entire muffler was glowing red. I don't know why or if it was a bad thing (other than melting something) but I didn't care for the added noise. My ears ring enough as it is. No need to add to the problem for a slight HP gain. Besides, just about every place I've researched to ride has the stock exhaust rule. I might pick up the project again once I finish building my shop. You know.....for those bad boys out there that always have to take it to the next level. LOL!
lol i got one off ebay a while back just like the ones you made except the exhause port hole was just as big as the hole in muffler without the arrestor inplace. on side note.
benefits.
give a good bit more bottom end torque.

engine braking oddly is better for some reason. still havent figured that one out

and mine gives it a little throatier tone but its nothing like an hmf. god i
dislike those mufflers. deeper tone but not really any louder.

Reactions: Farmer
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just ordered one of these tips... Just for the heck of it...

Reactions: Alan_Vander
William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got my “power tip” in today... gonna do a couple sound clips to see if there’s much difference in noise today..

8D974479 DFEF 4E3F 8641 31196646EF4A 23831F57 4D37 4AA4 8844 1A8246BAF0FA 870A55C3 7D66 45B7 8100 56F73EECBE79

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
almost everyone that iv seen that got the pipe one has said its loud. im glad i got the plate. its not loud at all. i hear my snorkel over it most the time.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Backwoods
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 123329 View attachment 123330 View attachment 123289 View attachment 123290 View attachment 123289 View attachment 123290 View attachment 123290 View attachment 123290 View attachment 123289 After finding several aftermarket exhaust tips I found one on Ebay that looks really close to the stock one only bigger. Its made be LTE (Looney Tuned Exhaust) and comes with a spark arrestor installed. It is listed as a quiet core spark arrestor for a Can Am outlander but I am told they really only make the one size. I kindly asked the Ebay seller (ATV Galaxy) several time for some dimensions but I couldn't get any help from them. In fact all they would say is that "it won't work". I guess I didn't believe them as I'm usually pretty good at making things work so I called LTE directly and they were very helpful. They gave me the dimensions I asked for and I ended up purchasing one directly from them and guess what, It fits like it was made for it. Even the bolt holes line up perfectly! The exhaust tip is 1-3/4" The same as the pipe opening. Then I decided to use a sound meter app and with the stock tip I measured 75db @ the tailgate & with the LTE tip it was 79db. A little louder and a deeper sound. I haven't driven it yet though.

You should have named this thread, 'Just the tip'. Lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!