P700 Ez Steer motor movement

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey all, I added the Ez power steering kit to my unit, I am impressed with the consistency of the steering but I am a little concerned by the movement in the whole unit while it operates. IS this normal?
Comments? I emailed superATV but still no response.
Thanks

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Is that when you are steering it or shacking the unit by hand

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sorry the video is not showing the whole thing, that's the only place I could make it sit still.
That is powered up and steering stop to stop.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
You know, I never even looked at mine while steering lock to lock. I'll check that tomorrow and let you know if mine does it too.

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
You know, I never even looked at mine while steering lock to lock. I'll check that tomorrow and let you know if mine does it too.
Thanks bud.

Ems-Cam

Ems-Cam

Lifetime Member
May 22, 2016
Alberta
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for getting back to me. That was my concern, but if you have that much on it then my kind is at ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tflynn
ReidMcT

ReidMcT

Lifetime Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hunt, TX
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think maybe you guys should check to be sure all your bolts/nuts are installed and tight. I installed mine yesterday, and it does not move or flex at all. FWIW.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Hope you dont mind a P500 comment. Mine did same, after two times of lossening mounting plate, upper and lower shafts and moving stop to stop to find the sweet spot, all good now. Yes, initial bolt up moved quite a bit and was worried about stresss on flexing mount. Upper shaft adjustment did the most good. Mine was moving more than yours. Good luck!

696DD9C1 DDBE 4D6F 9842 F4549C2A66D3

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Hope you dont mind a P500 comment. Mine did same, after two times of lossening mounting plate, upper and lower shafts and moving stop to stop to find the sweet spot, all good now. Yes, initial bolt up moved quite a bit and was worried about stresss on flexing mount. Upper shaft adjustment did the most good. Mine was moving more than yours. Good luck!

View attachment 56192

I had the same concern when I installed mine and I contacted Super ATV to see if this was normal. Tech told me it was due to the short shafts and tight space on the 500 and to do exactly that, loosen the shafts, find the sweet spot and torque them down. Works fine.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!