P700 Fabric Doors

T

trapperm

May 28, 2017
Bemidji Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
Does anyone have fabric doors they're willing to post a picture of and their thoughts on?

I'm debating on getting a set for the front for ice fishing/winter cruising with my bride.

Trap

R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Got them on P500. Honestly though it has not been cold enough for me to be able to give great testimony on how well they work against the cold. I can tell you that they def. help keep the wind off of you. Still need to insert some insulation around to help "seal" a little better though. Seen one person say it is roughly 95% effective in the cold Alaska temps and snow. Only problem I was concerned with was travelling with them. First tried it completely closed up and nothing else...did okay until hit 60MPH and the doors "puffed" out and you could had too much stress on it so I got worried and cut my speed. In the image you can see how I travel now with it. Open window and bungee around door/frame. So far I have no problems at all with that even at 75 plus MPH. Some people just take doors off...which is not bad as it is only a few quick release tabs...but I did not really want to do that. I actually got it as well for the wifie...and she is really happy with it. Plus it helped a little more with keeping overgrown brush from slapping the face. Just have to be careful not to go into something big enough to tear it. Hope this helps a little.....

IMG 2045 IMG 2047

Reactions: trapperm
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Does anyone have fabric doors they're willing to post a picture of and their thoughts on?

I'm debating on getting a set for the front for ice fishing/winter cruising with my bride.

Trap
Love me some soft doors. Yup I got em and their kinda high priced for what they are but I'll put a set on the 1000 this fall sometime.
20150301 085752 jpeg

Look at these happy ladies. My bride next to my sister.
30612 bf1e30e363a79cb309ccd063d82f49bc

Last edited:
T

trapperm

May 28, 2017
Bemidji Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
Love me some soft doors. Yup I got em and their kinda high priced for what they are but I'll put a set on the 1000 this fall sometime.
View attachment 56609

Look at these happy ladies. My bride next to my sister.
View attachment 56610

Thanks for the pictures guys.

How do the fabric doors attach?

I don't have a heater and was moreso looking at these for a means of keeping the wind off. Does the inside tend to fog up with no heat?

R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500

I don't have a heater and was moreso looking at these for a means of keeping the wind off. Does the inside tend to fog up with no heat?
On the P500...assuming it would be the same with the 700...there are three (I think) maybe 4 per door of "quick release" tabs. Similar to that of the hard tops...simply lift the tab and it will open and release the aluminum framing of the door. So simply flip 3/4 tabs per door and it is off....just like that.

R-Lamm

R-Lamm

Lifetime Member
Sep 27, 2017
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500

Oh yeah...so far I have not had an issue with fogging up. But then again I do not have mine completely "SEALED" neither. So I still have a little bit of air coming in...but not too much. Definitely make a HUGE difference with the doors blocking the wind! But I also have the windshield that I can "crack" open just a bit if needed to allow some air flow in if it got to that point...but has not been an issue as of yet.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They worked really well keeping wind and rain off, if you drive through water deep enough to splash into exhaust it’s fogging up heater doesn’t even help.

46cd909434b40030f0b5348bb095fe7e

E0db5e16ede0d40baa5e01f892cad5cd

Reactions: R-Lamm
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I have them and the heater, the door are way better than nothing (coming from an x atv rider)the do sqeeze the breeze quite well. we came normally ride down the trail in the winter without using the heater all the time and stay warm inside. I don't have a problem with fogging the windshield unless I'm plowing snow

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IF I even do a heater it’ll be an in cab heater instead of a ducted unit due to having to place it under the seat on the 1000 and possibly where it could get muddy water in it if I misjudge a mud holes depth.

In cab it will be high as my balls and the goal is to keep them dry.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R

There are two brackets that go on the inside of each door and are attached by 2 rivets in each bracket. There is one screw holder that you drill a hole in the top rear of the door. There is a strap that clips to the inside door handle. There's some plastic pieces that get installed to help close up some gaps.

They are easy on and easy off once they have been installed. You remove one allen head screw and one handle strap on each door and they lift off. They are great wind, snow and rain blockers. Mine fog a little in the winter as can be seen in the picture. I don't have a heater.

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Just got my doors in a few days ago and unboxed them tonight and started working on putting them on. Started with the plastic filler pieces and they don't seem to fit with the folding windshield or maybe I'm missing something. Did anyone have to trim the filler piece to fit around the clamp on the roll cage for the flip out windshield? The box says it's for a 14-16 pioneer so I should be good since mines a 14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawk

Hawk

Aug 8, 2015
Central PA.
Just got my doors in a few days ago and unboxed them tonight and started working on putting them on. Started with the plastic filler pieces and they don't seem to fit with the folding windshield or maybe I'm missing something. Did anyone have to trim the filler piece to fit around the clamp on the roll cage for the flip out windshield? The box says it's for a 14-16 pioneer so I should be good since mines a 14.

Mine is a 15, and I had to trim a little to fit around the clamps. I also replaced the allen head bolts, with standard hex bolts. I used 1/4' longer bolts. They are easier to get started, and can be tightened with a socket, and ratchet .

With the doors, and the rear panel, I can plow snow for an hour or two, in 20 * weather. With no heater.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

There was a different thread going around and I believe @HondaTech said the newer doors for the 17 were a little better and they would fit the older models also. I was just curious what part number you are installing. The newer version Honda 0sr91-hl3-211a has a couple of different templates depending which windshield you have.

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Mine is a 15, and I had to trim a little to fit around the clamps. I also replaced the allen head bolts, with standard hex bolts. I used 1/4' longer bolts. They are easier to get started, and can be tightened with a socket, and ratchet .

With the doors, and the rear panel, I can plow snow for an hour or two, in 20 * weather. With no heater.

Good deal, I didn't want to start cutting on the pieces if maybe they sent me the wrong kit.

I was thinking of adding a heater but our temps here in Alabama are probably not as cold as in your location. Not many people around here plow snow, here one day and gone the next. Lol

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
There was a different thread going around and I believe @HondaTech said the newer doors for the 17 were a little better and they would fit the older models also. I was just curious what part number you are installing. The newer version Honda 0sr91-hl3-211a has a couple of different templates depending which windshield you have.

Here's supposedly what I ordered from Bike Bandit
Bb0cc79180ab156fee798ae9dee2a061
It matches the description you posted. I will have to look at the label on the box when I get home to make sure that's what I got.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's supposedly what I ordered from Bike Bandit
View attachment 58191
It matches the description you posted. I will have to look at the label on the box when I get home to make sure that's what I got.

Sounds good. Here is the link for the instructions for them. I sure wish honda would add them in the box but I guess a couple of pieces of paper is to much to ask. Let us know how they work. I'm trying to convince the wife I need some. I guess I better keep taking her on cold rides. http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/0SR91-HL3-211A.pdf

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Sounds good. Here is the link for the instructions for them. I sure wish honda would add them in the box but I guess a couple of pieces of paper is to much to ask. Let us know how they work. I'm trying to convince the wife I need some. I guess I better keep taking her on cold rides. http://powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/0SR91-HL3-211A.pdf

As I've been told, "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission". Sometimes that has ended me up on the couch. Lol

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
As I've been told, "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission". Sometimes that has ended me up on the couch. Lol

Thanks tjoreo, I agree, it's a shame they can't include the instructions especially for what they cost. It all makes better sense now. Thanks!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good deal, I didn't want to start cutting on the pieces if maybe they sent me the wrong kit.

I was thinking of adding a heater but our temps here in Alabama are probably not as cold as in your location. Not many people around here plow snow, here one day and gone the next. Lol

Yeah but around here you can wear a t-shirt in Jan, and you might need 10 layers the next day.

Heater keeps the wife & kid happy and riding longer.

S

soldier72

Dec 7, 2018
Vine Grove, KY
Ownership

1. 700-2
I installed my doors and the door frames don't line up with with the roof or rear closure. Did anyone have to bend the frames?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!