People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I'm not a fan of the OEM switches either. Especially since mine aren't backlit but what I've come up with in using the small decals that come with the fuse panels you get and identifying them in center of rocker switch.

C

Captain54

Dec 21, 2021
Arizona Territory
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From what I see laid out, it looks like it’s setup as a wildland brush fire rig if I had to guess. Probably a small spray tank on back with mostly hand tools for fire line making.
Nailed it👍 I build “tactical“ UTVs for firefighters to use. They have a King Mobile radio, 35 gallon tank and pump, warning lights and hand tools.

Reactions: Vikes79 and Kinlaw
C

Captain54

Dec 21, 2021
Arizona Territory
Ownership

1. 1000-5
94C45193 4342 46E4 B8D3 E2626A14804D

Sorry about the confusion with my first post. You guys don't miss much. These are the “factory“ switch plates I was referring to. A pre made plate with 4-6 switches. I’m new to this UTV world and when I saw these on Amazon they looked really cool. I installed them on 6 of my Honda Pioneers and soon regretted every one. The rope lanyard tied to the shift selector is in fact a small operators manual I put together to keep firefighters from destroying the units. It describes how the dual batteries are set up, how to program the vhf radio and blue tooth radio, how to strap down a patient in the back, little things that someone who has never driven a “tactical” UTV might not know. The rope is not to be tied to a penis (I’m a little worried about that dude). Anyways, thanks for having me in your community, I’m learning a lot from it.

C

Captain54

Dec 21, 2021
Arizona Territory
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea I had the Amazon junk on mine when I bought it. Previous owner installed them. A few of them actually fell apart. I replaced them with OTRATTW switches that are much better. Here's the new ones.
I was also wondering about the rope. Some sort of instruction manual I see there?
View attachment 348060
Yep it’s a small instruction manual. Todays young firefighters need all the help they can get to not destroy my machines. You can give a firefighter an anvil and he’ll break it or lose it inside of five minutes😂. I can say that with confidence, I’ve been a firefighter for 36 years now🚒😂😂

C

Captain54

Dec 21, 2021
Arizona Territory
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not a fan of the OEM switches either. Especially since mine aren't backlit but what I've come up with in using the small decals that come with the fuse panels you get and identifying them in center of rocker switch.
I bought a label maker and went a little crazy with it. I labeled everything, even my dog. My wife had to hide it.

C

Captain54

Dec 21, 2021
Arizona Territory
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I was on a wildland crew back in the day that usually meant to clone all your radios to the agency frequency that your team was part of / used.
Nailed it! What crew were you on? I’ve worked with quite a few over the last 36 years. I’m on a type 1 incident management team her in the southwest.

Reactions: Smittyp
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
C

Captain54

Dec 21, 2021
Arizona Territory
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can't go wrong with these high-quality switches. You can even get them custom laser etched with your switch names and/or graphics.

Get this 6 switch bank to put them in, and you've got a 10x quality version of that crap you were getting. :D

View attachment 349574
Outstanding, thanks for the lead.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep it’s a small instruction manual. Todays young firefighters need all the help they can get to not destroy my machines. You can give a firefighter an anvil and he’ll break it or lose it inside of five minutes😂. I can say that with confidence, I’ve been a firefighter for 36 years now🚒😂😂
Yes…dam FNG’s destroy some of the toughest equipment in 5 mins or less…

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nailed it! What crew were you on? I’ve worked with quite a few over the last 36 years. I’m on a type 1 incident management team her in the southwest.
I was on a volly crew called Coyote 1 for a few years in the Dakotas around 2012.

Reactions: Captain54
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a label maker and went a little crazy with it. I labeled everything, even my dog. My wife had to hide it.
Ha. Hopefully you didn't label the wife too. Some pics of those pioneers in action would be nice to see

Reactions: Pieward and Smittyp
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!