BOX1

factory tires

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
what is everybodies opinion on the factory pioneer tires i am debating changing them to some duro power grips and maybe going to a 26in or should i let it be

C

chesterl35

Aug 7, 2013
I think they are great. I wouldn't want anything more aggressive bc I'm afraid steering effort would increase plus I've put those tires a few places where the pioneer didn't have the power to spin them at all. Just bogged down with 4 grown ppl in it.

Attachments

• stereosxs.jpg
    stereosxs.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_2351.JPG
    IMG_2351.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_2351.JPG
    IMG_2351.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 228
BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I too have thought about going with either 26 or 27's. Problem is the larger the tire the more weight there is to move them.
As with my Dodge dually, going from stock 17's to 19.5's, I lost 75 HP measured on a dyno. Needless to say, I'm back to stock size tires again.

I also think about clearances. I've read many times over about guys that get larger tires, then have rubbing issues, especially when turning or hitting bumps in a turn. Their remedy is then a lift kit. Seems like sometimes you have to change something else to fix the previous change. Just chasing that rabbit all over the place.

Sometimes it might be better to leave what works....alone.

M

Mandride

Sep 17, 2013
I just got my 700-4 and have decided to use the tires that came with it first then I will look at a set of wheel and tires. So far my testing has shown the tires work pretty darn good right now. The vehicle would look great with some better wheels. Wish they did like my Rincon and put nice shinny wheels on it. Unless I put power assist steering on it I think bigger tires would effect the way it handles currently.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I think the tires are great. First day I had it I was going through a little mud and doing some mild rock crawling and they never missed a lick.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Mandride and wyo700 - I agree the tires hook up great and some 14" alloy wheels make the P look great. I'm also waiting on a power steering kit to be offered by superatv. Agree the wider stance of the alloy wheels will likely affect steering and handling without it.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
I've read somewhere here about the tires having good traction, but seem to be wearing faster then expected.

A lower density rubber would be the reason for that, much like high performance sticky road tires on high end cars.

I would opt to buy some longer lasting tires for my Pioneer when the time comes, wether before I need them or when the tread isn't digging as much.
I tend to like the Maxxis line up of tires, a new SxS designed model recently came out.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!