P1000 Fairlead on stock P1000 bumper??

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was taking my plow off of my machine today and noticed that I caused some damage!

My fairlead was split in half (lower half missing), and my bumper just below the fairlead was split in two! The spot on my plow where the winch attaches was also bent upward.

The last time I plowed, it was super wet heavy snow. And there was an icy snow bank at the top of my drive that I fought my way thru as well. All that I can imagine is that the loading was more that it could take. It looks like maybe the fairlead broke, and then the rope split the thin piece of bumper below it. I find it hard to believe, but I don't have another explanation. The snow was so heavy that I was spinning all 4 in 4 low. I backed up, and raised the plow thinking I was lessening the load. In hindsight, having the plow hanging in the air by the rope and ramming in to the super heavy snow might have been the cause of my issues.

ANYWAY, in the short term, I'm just going to put a replacement fairlead on there so I can use the winch before figuring out a plan to fix, or more likely, replace the bumper.

I was looking at this as a cheap fix:

I came home today, so the machine is 200 miles away. Anyone know if this will fit the mount on the front? I have a Warn Vantage 4000 winch. I looked at their page, but it doesn't give any dimensions for their fairlead. And it's more than twice the cost of this one.

Looks like this one is 6" between the fasteners. In my head, that's too small. But I'm not sure.

I'd appreciate any help you can give!

Thanks.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's the one I have, 6" is the correct spacing for the p1k.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20190920 172514

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great! Thanks! Looks like you have the KFI 2" receiver too? How do you like that?? I was considering it to use to push my pontoon boat in to my barn so I could have a better look at what I'm doing as I try to tuck it in real close to the wall. I wasn't too concerned with the going in, but using it to pull it back out concerned me a bit. The boat is close to 4k lbs. I'm concerned that I'll hurt the clutches trying to ease it out. My dealer actually told me not to worry about it, if you can believe that. But a few stories of burnt clutches stuck int he mud in reverse has me a little concerned.

Thanks for answering my original question Hondoman!!

Reactions: Hondoman
Hondoman

Hondoman

Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great! Thanks! Looks like you have the KFI 2" receiver too? How do you like that?? I was considering it to use to push my pontoon boat in to my barn so I could have a better look at what I'm doing as I try to tuck it in real close to the wall. I wasn't too concerned with the going in, but using it to pull it back out concerned me a bit. The boat is close to 4k lbs. I'm concerned that I'll hurt the clutches trying to ease it out. My dealer actually told me not to worry about it, if you can believe that. But a few stories of burnt clutches stuck int he mud in reverse has me a little concerned.

Thanks for answering my original question Hondoman!!
I originally bought the kfi 2" adapter for a 100lb road feeder. I've since moved it to the rear because it blocks the headlights on the front. I really only use it for a recovery point, but it does work well.

B

Boss0144

Lifetime Member
Jan 25, 2018
Commerce Township, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, thanks.

I got my new fairlead ordered last night. Thanks again for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hondoman
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!