BOX1

P1000 Family Hauler

S

ScottfromIN

Jun 27, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at the P1000-5LE to take my family out to enjoy God's creation. I have three young kids (all under 8). Anyone else a family of 5 and enjoy taking this machine out? How does it perform with 5 people? Safety issues with young children? Thanks!

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a P5 LE and love it. We have 12 grandkids and they also love to ride in it.
There is a few things I would suggest before putting kids in the rear seats and in the front middle. There is a heat problem under the seats, we all know it. So some added heat shielding, a pool noodle between the bed and front seat back, and a fan or fans to help remove some of the heat is a must if you plan on using much in the hot times of the year.
I have not installed any car seats in mine, but pretty sure you can make them work and keep the kids safe. Make sure you use the rear nets. They do a great job to stop the limbs from slapping passengers and keep hands inside.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Does anyone sell a adjustable belt with a Male buckle on both ends? That would be awesome to belt in a carseat easily.

Reactions: GlockMeister
hardlyworkin

hardlyworkin

Aug 5, 2016
Beckley, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My kids are both under 4 but we have strapped their carseats in multiple times for rides. I use rachet straps because the seat belt buckles in the back seem to be way too tall to use the seatbelt to hold them in snugly.
I love being able to haul 4 or 5 people through the woods without driving a limo through the woods like most other higher capacity machines.

Reactions: BWAF and Tramguage1
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I like the ratchet strap idea. Also would be easier to feather the top of the seats.

Reactions: BWAF
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a P5 LE and love it. We have 12 grandkids and they also love to ride in it.
There is a few things I would suggest before putting kids in the rear seats and in the front middle. There is a heat problem under the seats, we all know it. So some added heat shielding, a pool noodle between the bed and front seat back, and a fan or fans to help remove some of the heat is a must if you plan on using much in the hot times of the year.
I have not installed any car seats in mine, but pretty sure you can make them work and keep the kids safe. Make sure you use the rear nets. They do a great job to stop the limbs from slapping passengers and keep hands inside.
Yep 5 here. The honda is perfect for this situation. You'll need a bed extender for storage space

D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
5 here too, for the car seat I use the seat belt and a ratchet strap ran through the seat hooked back to its self. I also use a boat seat cushion on the other rear seat for comfort and so that my kids can see better. The Honda is perfect for the family of 5, and its not the size of a limo in the woods.

Bobby_BAS

Bobby_BAS

Apr 25, 2017
Stearns, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 3 daughters, all under the age of 9. They're the reason I chose the Pioneer to begin with. I wanted the ability to haul 5 people without having something as long as a church van in the woods. We all fit easily. My 5 year old uses a booster seat in the rear so she can see better. It's a "low profile" booster seat and works perfectly with the seat belts and what-not. We love it and don't regret our decision one bit! Now that hunting season is nearly here in Kentucky, I fold the rear seats down and haul all the hunting gear my heart desires!

20170601 120715

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!